Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

FYI to anyone who hasn't gotten a swag bag yet.... 

1 hour ago, Reaper Ron said:

Psst...looks like we have more bags. 30 more being added at 2:30 pm CST.

This time with the *correct* paint. :)

There were 27 left when I last checked!

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

SNORT!

Grump left out the Morning Mouse Misadventure.

We woke up with the box trap rattling, and inside was a wee timorous mousie.

So we take the box a few blocks to the woods, and Grump opens the trap.

And the mouse doesn't come out.

So Grump shakes the box.

BOING! Out comes the mouse.

And BOING! the mouse jumps back up and grabs a hold of Grump's shirt, and WON'T LET GO!

Help me, Grumpy One Kenobi! You're my only hope!

He had to TALK THE MOUSE INTO LETTING GO. He didn't want to either hurt the mouse by grabbing it, or let the mouse bite him by grabbing it, so he starts PETTING IT and TALKING TO IT until it lets go.

And it worked.

Eventually.

He's lucky it didn't pee on his shirt.

• Haha 18

Sick teenager is home early and napping.  (She couldn't use her CPAP last night because her nose was all stuffed up, so she was extra, EXTRA tired.)  Tonight I get to start the madness known as "curriculum nights".  I don't know how I managed to succeed at school when my parents never set foot in the door.  :rolleyes:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

16 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Well, my co worker "paid" me back for wrapping up his office when he was out back in March.

20180910_081030.thumb.jpg.e2bd26c3a59f163cec48d00fd9070b38.jpg

My desk from left to right:

20180910_073754.thumb.jpg.4441aac931fbb9d61a0de65e784efb5a.jpg

20180910_073758.thumb.jpg.4e19e3a76206b59e2b7fc0a4058a1946.jpg

20180910_073803.thumb.jpg.06a83587d3a08206fd5852cd36eb4ed4.jpg

20180910_073805.thumb.jpg.178a75d3e2f3b3470fb24df8665a6b36.jpg

20180910_073807.thumb.jpg.5f33dbdc6dba69da12061c25faa7469b.jpg

20180910_073811.thumb.jpg.9a728019cafbc88d1fc2d72fb8548936.jpg

20180910_073814.thumb.jpg.eb1e99933ce21b282bfe9c8deec4032a.jpg

I actually like what they did and will be trying to keep it display as long as I can get away with. :lol:

So, who won? ::D:

That is seriously awesome.

Hikarl was not actually that terrible.

Says you!

If it goes *BOOM!* then you did something wrong.... :lol:

The Auld Grump

Say you! ::P:

9 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That desktop battle is fantastic, I especially like how a dimetrodon, ceratops, cheetah and giraffe have joined the fray ::P:

In other news, I had just about mustered up the courage to post something in the Show Off section of the forum and got a slight setback this morning

DSCN4428.thumb.JPG.fff7b9ff0d273f7541be310d75166ad5.JPG

Apparently my house mate had picked up the mini to have a good look at it, put it back on the table then heard a crash behind her. Evidently, Loki decided that it looked better on the floor. Thankfully, it's easily repairable and only some minor touch ups are required.

Squirt gun.

Cats are better at figuring things out than dogs.

But kitteh will have her revenge.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 10

52 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Noooooo that's not bad at all! In fact I think it's a fantastic idea! ::D:

(pay no attention to the straitjacket I'm wearing, it's totally the latest fashion in Paris :ik_oops:

Huzzah! 

Ooooh, the one boot stylish jacket seal of approval.   Niiiice, I've heard those are rare to get! ^_^

• Haha 9

40 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

FYI to anyone who hasn't gotten a swag bag yet.... 

There were 27 left when I last checked!

Huzzah! 

Danke, OneBoot. I snagged one, thought my bank declined the transaction and made me call to approve it then put it through again. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

So, who won? ::D:

That is seriously awesome.

The battle is still ongoing.

I fear this may be a long war. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That desktop battle is fantastic, I especially like how a dimetrodon, ceratops, cheetah and giraffe have joined the fray ::P:

In other news, I had just about mustered up the courage to post something in the Show Off section of the forum and got a slight setback this morning

DSCN4428.thumb.JPG.fff7b9ff0d273f7541be310d75166ad5.JPG

Apparently my house mate had picked up the mini to have a good look at it, put it back on the table then heard a crash behind her. Evidently, Loki decided that it looked better on the floor. Thankfully, it's easily repairable and only some minor touch ups are required.

I was going to say that the kitty was named appropriately, but OneBoot beat me to it by an hour.

8 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Last (full) day here for me, tomorrow I fly back to my home country.  UPS shows my RCon box is delivered, hopefully to the right neighbour!  

I've had a good time.  I'd stay longer if I could, and if I didn't have house stuff to sort out.  

Safe travels!

If there's anything I can do to enhance your American visit before you leave, don't hesitate to ask.

(Don't worry, I've already got the body cavity search lined up!) ::D:

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Ya know, the dogs are great. But the dog show people are... rude. So rude. <_<

Which is why I like animals better than a lot of the people I've met.

5 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Is it a sign that I've been in the hobby too long when I look at the Battle of Tripleh's desk and my first reaction is: "Ooh, Tim Mee army men.  I didn't think they still made that style." or is it a sign I've become sage and wizened?

Yes.

• Like 9

On 9/10/2018 at 5:27 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

I talked to Jamie and Andrew about whether The Blight was appropriate for Sam....

They feel that it is, and Andrew commented that a lot of the words that Sam has asked him about are words he first learned in the old 1st edition Dungeon Master's Guide.... (Including the infamous Wandering Prostitutes table.)

That said, they also like the look of The Razor Coast, if Sam decides she wants to go in a more piratical direction. (Right now, she is still loving The Blight.)

The Auld Grump

*BLINK*

She... actually has concrete plans for her campaign, with the PCs starting as members of a thieves guild.

At ten, I am pretty sure she is a better GM than I was at thirteen.

The Auld Grump - finishing of Village of Homlett tonight. Next week (or so) back to Legacy of Fire. In a couple of weeks the Kids of War game picks back up again, too.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

You're a creep one, Mr. Finch.

I read that and heard Thurl Ravenscroft singing it to the tune of "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
typo monster struck again
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Pix?!? ...asking for Glitterwolf

More anecdotal evidence for my hypothesis

Hide contents

Dogs: better than people?

I didn't have the chance to take pictures. But they were all lovely doggos. 

And yes, doggos are better than people. We don't deserve them, but I'm glad we have them. 

7 hours ago, Kheprera said:

Right, I now vaguely recall that Merlin. But don't remember her as evil so much as trying to cling to her cultural heritage which was being wiped out by invaders.

Maybe I just overly sympathize with the fae courts.

That's how that one struck me too. I actually felt really bad for her. But that's the first instance where Mab is in an antagonistic role. I haven't read any of the books (or comics) where she's an antagonist, but it seems like she's straight up evil in some of them. 

I actually really liked Mab in Merlin and thought Merlin was being a Dickensian.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

You can by kaestur hikarl (fermented shark) at supermarkets in Iceland. In little glass jars.

Even if I ate meat, I wouldn't eat that ::P:

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Whoooo, Secret Weapon order shipped. 

... Why am I so excited for things named Baby Poop AND Sewer Water?  Armor and Flesh I can understand, but I'm the most excited about the orange-brown ones... 

So you should be excited, those are fantastic washes. They're great for grubbing up shiny armor- I've used them a lot on my Skaven :D

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

there are birds on my window sill spying on me. there were 3 at once at one point

IMG_2016.JPG

I'm not too good on American Finches, but that little fellow looks very young. You probably had a whole bunch of siblings just out the nest peering in at you ::D:

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Your kitteh is well-named. Glad to hear it was only minor damage! 

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Squirt gun.

Cats are better at figuring things out than dogs.

But kitteh will have her revenge.

7 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I was going to say that the kitty was named appropriately, but OneBoot beat me to it by an hour.

Loki is possibly the appropriately named cat ever- he's darkly handsome, talks constantly, is always thinking up schemes that never quite work. He just tried to stealthily roll a tube of Pringles past me there ::D:

Unlike his namesake he is super affectionate and looks out for his little brother. He is also one of the few cats I've ever met that actually acknowledges and answers to his name- this is particularly funny when we're watching one of the Marvel movies.

Unfortunately, he thinks that the squirt gun is the best game ever and tries to eat the water mid air :blink:

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

A friend of mine (Dennis the Younger) has ferrets.

One likes to steal miniatures and hide them.

The Auld Grump - we don't play at his place very often....

Ferrets are awesome! Unless they are of the bitey variety, then they are the opposite of awesome ::(:

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

I used to live with 2 other nerds, their 2 cats and 1 dog. Every now and then we would discover a mini that we would swear had disappeared. The conclusion would be that it had to be around somewhere and would show up eventually. This went on for multiple years until I found a mini in the downstairs toilet. Weird, how did that get there? Then one of the cats walked in, looked at me and dropped the mini she was carrying on the floor with her 'I'm totally innocent and did nothing wrong, where's the dog' look. We didn't lose any more minis after instituting the lid down always rule <_<

I used to have a cat that would casually walk over the painting table and pick up a mini right in front of me, then shoot off the table to hide the mini.  Thankfully, he never put them in the toilet :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

What I want to know is how Queen Mab went from being a fairie who brings dreams (good and bad) to people to being a major villain. It seems like, up until recently, she was a neutral sort of character. Then in the 90s she's a villain. 

In the Dresden Files novels, she's not entirely a bad guy, as she actually has a somewhat understandable (if twisted) justification for her repeated attempts to kill the main character.

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Its gonna be a long day. The 9/11 coverage is unending. Working in NYC its even worse. 

Fortunately, I've managed to avoid it all, despite hearing nearly everyone complaining about it. I still remember it from when it happened, I don't need to hear three hundred semi-fetishized rehashings of it.

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

At ten, I am pretty sure she is a better GM than I was at thirteen.

She's probably a better GM than most of us were thirteen years ago...

EDIT:  Just remembered I left food up in the microwave... Two hours ago. :rolleyes:

Eh, not like it was good food anyway.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 13

27 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

So you should be excited, those are fantastic washes. They're great for grubbing up shiny armor- I've used them a lot on my Skaven :D

At first I was all "eh, I won't get them"...  And then a while later I was all "nope, gonna regret not getting them if I don't get them..."  Really do wish I could have gotten more of them, but that's life when you have to pay bills, buy food, and general adulting.  Can't always get the awesome washes before the cold hits (and it's looking like it's coming early this year).

Next year though, I suspect i'm going to have money set aside for once it's regularly warm again (say, May), and will wind up picking up a bunch of stuff from Scale75, Warcolours, and of course Reaper.  Winter paints I'll have to "resort" to purchasing "just" Vallejo, Army Painter, and Citadel, but I suspect I'll live ^_^

And yeah, Skaven are precisely what I've been thinking about using those two on...  That and ground stuff.

• Like 7