Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

At first I was all "eh, I won't get them"...  And then a while later I was all "nope, gonna regret not getting them if I don't get them..."  Really do wish I could have gotten more of them, but that's life when you have to pay bills, buy food, and general adulting.  Can't always get the awesome washes before the cold hits (and it's looking like it's coming early this year).

Next year though, I suspect i'm going to have money set aside for once it's regularly warm again (say, May), and will wind up picking up a bunch of stuff from Scale75, Warcolours, and of course Reaper.  Winter paints I'll have to "resort" to purchasing "just" Vallejo, Army Painter, and Citadel, but I suspect I'll live ^_^

And yeah, Skaven are precisely what I've been thinking about using those two on...  That and ground stuff.

Adulting is rubbish, isn't it? :blink: A very nice friend got me the entire set last Christmas, there isn't a dud colour in the range- they do need a bit of shaking though. The ''dirty'' colours are also good for mixing into Water Effects to get some truly disgusting effects :D

• Like 8

Jack sort of wanted a pizza for dinner tonight, but nuked something called a Cheese Spatzle instead - it's pasta (which is a bread product) in cheese sauce flavored with mozzarella and roasted onions, so I guess it sorta counts as a pizza?  :wacko:

Jack is feeling contrary tonight. He's going to head over and start a shooting war on Ebay...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

<Throws gladius into the stands >

I am NOT entertained!!!!   :devil:

Apparently Jack was the only sniper hiding in the weeds... The first auction I thought would end in a bidding war... didn't. At all. I was the second bid, and I won the Ral Partha 10-510 D&D Basic Heroes box set (missing the foam and one figure) for $30.35 after shipping....

The second was only mildly more interesting. I was immediately outbid on the RP Forgotten Realms: Heroes box set, but there were only five bids after mine, and no furious flurry of last second bidding.

Jack is disgruntled. The internet sux. Jack will probably just go to bed early.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Watching Age of Adeline for the umpteenth time.  I really like Blake Lively's performance in this.  Very subtle and satisfying.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Potato is so good! D:

Truth! Which is why I just made mashed potatoes! Mmmm... :wub:

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Truth! Which is why I just made mashed potatoes! Mmmm... :wub:

I'm reheating my crock pot slop which has potatoes. No microwave yet, so it is back in the pot. OM NOM. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I'm reheating my crock pot slop which has potatoes. No microwave yet, so it is back in the pot. OM NOM. 

The keep warm function is soooo handy ^_~

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Adulting is rubbish, isn't it? :blink: A very nice friend got me the entire set last Christmas, there isn't a dud colour in the range- they do need a bit of shaking though. The ''dirty'' colours are also good for mixing into Water Effects to get some truly disgusting effects :D

I do plan on having the entire line eventually, including the forthcoming mecha paints and the weathering acrylics, just sucks having only so much and having to pick and choose.  Thankfully pigments can be purchased over the winter, same with bases ^_^

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I.... don't think I've even considered using a crock pot to reheat something... 

:blink:

Hua...

Of course now I have an instant pot instead of a crock pot, but even still....

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I.... don't think I've even considered using a crock pot to reheat something... 

:blink:

Hua...

Of course now I have an instant pot instead of a crock pot, but even still....

How is an instant pot different? And goodness this is setting the Slow in Slow Cooker. I didn't want to take the stuff out of the pot to dirty a pan reheating on the stove. This is taking forever just to warm up. Gah. I think I'll over-eat just to avoid having to do this a lot more. 

Remind me what the advantage of a Crock Pot is? Why not use a stove? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

How is an instant pot different? And goodness this is setting the Slow in Slow Cooker. I didn't want to take the stuff out of the pot to dirty a pan reheating on the stove. This is taking forever just to warm up. Gah. I think I'll over-eat just to avoid having to do this a lot more. 

The advantage of a crock pot is tossing everything in, going to work, and coming home to a freshly cooked dinner. 

An instant pot is a slow cooker, rice cooker, pressure cooker, yogurt maker, etc. all in one. 

Also, If I do nothing for the last week of class I get a 74%. 

THIS DOES NOT HELP MY MOTIVATION!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

All of that would require me to do prep before going to work. I just want my tea and to hop on the bus. I have much more food motivation in the evenings. 

How much work do you have to do to hit 91%? :devil:

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I was going to answer, but Crowley beat me to it.  Yeah, such a huuuuuge benefit in being able to throw ingredients in at night and have breakfast ready, or ingredients in the morning and get home from work VOILA SUPPER IS READY!

• Like 8

Just now, Cyradis said:

All of that would require me to do prep before going to work. I just want my tea and to hop on the bus. I have much more food motivation in the evenings. 

How much work do you have to do to hit 91%? :devil:

Oh, for the crock pot, I usually make it the night before, stick it in the fridge, and then pull it out and put it on as I'm heading out the door. I don't try to do all the prep in the morning. I'm barely functional... forget meal prep... 

• Like 14

I am definitely going to need to figure out how to use it then. Real cooking makes much more sense. I am there and controlling the heat and don't have silly rules like not opening it. I can taste what's in my pan whenever I want! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6