Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Isn't there something meditative about updating your mini spreadsheet?

What? I like spreadsheets...

Not when they have to be redone. Initial pass, sure. After that? Nuh uh. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@redambrosia, your baby is going to have many 20s of aunts and uncles here. ^_^

And a LOT of funny nicknames. ::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@redambrosia, your baby is going to have many 20s of aunts and uncles here. ^_^

Raised by a Wolfpack!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Sings the song of his people***

Didn't realize Macho Man was a glittery enough song... 

Also, oh gawds, the box DDS2 came in was huuuuuge, and the retail box is just as huge.  Eep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Raised by a Wolfpack!

And Goulies and Ghosties and Goblins and Gremlins.::D:

GEM

Meet Tonks the Aye-Aye:

Spoiler

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/13/denver-zoo-baby-tonks-aye-aye/

So what do you think -

Cute or Not Cute?

GEM

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Not when they have to be redone. Initial pass, sure. After that? Nuh uh. 

Okay, that's fair. 

Another end of the day meeting... :zombie: Can't I leave early to go play D&D???

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Also, oh gawds, the box DDS2 came in was huuuuuge, and the retail box is just as huge.  Eep. 

I kinda want to paint it again... But know that I need to paint the ones I haven't painted yet before I jump into repeating a huge project!

Ok.  I *really* want to..

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Didn't realize Macho Man was a glittery enough song... 

*chants* 7 Day Challenge! 7 Day Challenge!

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

46 minutes ago, eldamir said:
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I kinda want to paint it again... But know that I need to paint the ones I haven't painted yet before I jump into repeating a huge project!

Ok.  I *really* want to..

I've got an extra one too, and know what you mean. But there are so many other minis to paint first.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

So... yeah.... have been feeling unwell lately... in a "female" way... but for longer than usual....

Just confirmed today.... I'm pregnant ^_^ 

Squeeeee!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :bday:  ^_^  

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

It gives it that hand crafted, artisanal quality. But, you know, it's still an apprentice so any possible defects or problems can be blamed on inexperience. You don't really lose the apprentice appellation until the third child, and then you're just a journeyman. Becoming a master babysmith takes a minimum of 18 years, but often between 20-25...

Ha!  I just got an email from daughter #2's English teacher, she finally connected the dots and linked back to daughter #1, whom she taught a couple of years ago.  I guess multiple castings can produce similar results.  ::D:  Having mastered the technique, I'm now content to pass on the job to other apprentices.  :;):

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

:bday:

Megan will be around, offering 'Morning Sympathy'. ::): (Morning sickness, my arse! Megan was sick any time of day in the early pre-days of Brigid Danger.)

The Auld Grump - and any form of sympathy I tried got the 'you don't understand' look. <_<

Well of course you don't understand.  Heck, half the time how I was feeling was a surprise even to me!  But pregnant mothers always deserve extra sleep, plenty of nutritious snacks and chocolate.  It's a tough job.  

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Next week I will have my basic Military Skills Training again.

So looking forward to put on that mask and stand in a room filled with tear gas..and then do all the funny drills with it..

I do like the shooting part though.

Well, at least some of that sounds fun....

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Sings the song of his people***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wzbr8qknk

?

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

Then you'd hate a good pepper spray(OC). I'd say half of our local PD are veterans, and all of them have said they'd rather be hit with CS again than get hit in full with our OC again. They say that CS's effects go away in about 5-10 minutes once you're out of it, even without you having to shower or anything. But the (OC) stays with you until you wash it off, and even then it sticks around because it gets into all your pores and everything.

Of course, the thing about OC is that it comes in a variety of formulations and strengths, where CS is pretty standardized. So your average can of OC isn't near the level of the stuff carried by our local PD.

Can confirm all.

Am in 100% agreement.

• Like 7

Putting out a call for all our Boston area forumites to check-in, multiple explosions reported in surrounding towns from gas

leaks and several apartment complexes on fire reported. 

I will continue to check in during the hurricane as possible and would urge the rest of us in its path to do the same. So far we've just had bands of rain and some

strong gusts of wind; current forecast track seems to indicate that the (Research) Triangle (area) and surrounding areas may se continuous rain from this storm from late tonight/early tomorrow morning through Monday. 

• Sad 17