Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

On 9/11/2018 at 6:08 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

*BLINK*

She... actually has concrete plans for her campaign, with the PCs starting as members of a thieves guild.

At ten, I am pretty sure she is a better GM than I was at thirteen.

The Auld Grump - finishing of Village of Homlett tonight. Next week (or so) back to Legacy of Fire. In a couple of weeks the Kids of War game picks back up again, too.

And you're surprised?

You really REALLY shouldn't be.

I expect great things from her.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:56 PM, Kuroneko said:

Ferrets are awesome! Unless they are of the bitey variety, then they are the opposite of awesome ::(:

DtY's ferrets are not the biting kind, but they do like to hide in your purse, bookbag, groceries. Anywhere they can fit, and think they won't be noticed.

We are always careful about furry hitchhikers when we visit them. ::D:

On 9/11/2018 at 7:36 PM, redambrosia said:

Potato is so good! D:

Stuffed baked potato skins.

Stuffed FRIED potato skins.

Potatoes spiced up and stuffed into peppers, then smothered in cheese.

Grump does THINGS to potatoes. Deliciously bad for you things.

Then leaves them for Mum and me, because HE is on a diet. <_<

Sometimes I think he is Italian, not Irish, and can't stand having a skinny wife.

On 9/11/2018 at 7:25 PM, Kuroneko said:

Adulting is rubbish, isn't it? :blink: A very nice friend got me the entire set last Christmas, there isn't a dud colour in the range- they do need a bit of shaking though. The ''dirty'' colours are also good for mixing into Water Effects to get some truly disgusting effects :D

Adulting is rubbish until you are adult enough to realize that you don't have to adult all the time. :;,;:

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

On 9/12/2018 at 2:09 AM, Green Eyed Monster said:

If you can't find "decent peppers" in your local market try to find a Hispanic Market.

As a last resort, there are the dried peppers available in cellophane bags from the makers of Hispanic Spices.

GEM

This year I learned that you can GROW decent peppers.

On the porch.

In MAINE.

Not many, but you get to pick them twice before the plant gives up on you.

Even habaneros, which I would never have believed you can grow here.

Learn something new every year.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:20 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Just remember to eat the peel.

Megan has just about gotten used to the fact that I don't peel the potatoes before mashing them. (But mocks my supercilious tendency to call potato mashers 'ricers'....)

The Auld Grump

After a while, you realize the peels are the best part. Just DIFFERENT.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:05 AM, Crowley said:

Truth. Great sandboxes both. I really need to run Keep again...

I think more people have played KotB than all the other old adventures put together. ::):

It was the first I ever played, and I played it again last year, but I have never run it.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:21 PM, Cyradis said:

I think more training has to go in keeping the memories you want to keep. I shoved out memories of being a teen when I was pretty miserable (parents splitting hit me hard). Instead of pushing out the bad, I pushed out everything. I know not all was bad, but good things are fuzzy at best. 

Diary.

Start it early, then keep it up.

It helped me a lot when BAD things happened, and helped more when I realized that I WAS getting better again.

Even if it did lead to my stalking an old grump. ::P: I don't think he even realizes it was stalking, even after I CAUGHT him. ::D:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eldamir said:

I kinda want to paint it again... But know that I need to paint the ones I haven't painted yet before I jump into repeating a huge project!

Ok.  I *really* want to..

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*chants* 7 Day Challenge! 7 Day Challenge!

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I've got an extra one too, and know what you mean. But there are so many other minis to paint first.

*laughs nervously* Sounds like all of you enjoyed painting one...  I've already a thought that I might wind up doing the 7 day challenge for the first one (even if now that I have a sense of it's scale, it's definitely one of the "and why am I contemplating this again?"), and then a second one gets "full on" attention...  Or something.

Pez, you seem really REALLY excited by the prospect of a newbie to a 7day challenge attempting such a challenge...  I do have one slight benefit though, or so I'm thinking that in my head.....  I tend to normally paint with a size 0 brush.  Arguably that's got to help in some way :P

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, Sirithiliel said:

i miss Tex-Mex. LIving where i am now, it's really hard to find =( all this authentic mexican food around 

and apparently queso melted cheese for dipping chips in / nachos is unheard of here, not a single mexican restaurant will offer melted cheese dipping

You mean Taco Bell doesn't count? ::o:

• Haha 9

11 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

You mean Taco Bell doesn't count? ::o:

that's about the only tex-mex we have, but i miss more...quality...tex mex :P there was a nice 'mexican' restaurant in OKC where we used to live that was better quality than taco bell but still served tex-mex mexican

• Like 7

18 hours ago, redambrosia said:

One of my favorite things about my job is meeting new dogs. You can tell they're happy and excited if they beat you with their adorable tails. I love dogs! 

So... yeah.... have been feeling unwell lately... in a "female" way... but for longer than usual....

Just confirmed today.... I'm pregnant ^_^ 

This is why I am here!

Congratulations :bday:

You'll feel both miserable and happier than you have ever been, both at the same time! And you will FEEL your body moving things around to make room for baby!

Your feet, tummy, and ankles will HATE you, but your heart and soul will feel incredible - spouses are HIGHLY recommended to learn the sensual art of foot massage!

They tell you that you will be peeing for two, but they LIE. You are going to be peeing for at least THREE people.

And complete strangers will rub your belly like you are the Buddha.

But it's WORTH IT!

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

:bday:

Megan will be around, offering 'Morning Sympathy'. ::): (Morning sickness, my arse! Megan was sick any time of day in the early pre-days of Brigid Danger.)

The Auld Grump - and any form of sympathy I tried got the 'you don't understand' look. <_<

Your attentions were both highly appreciated, and horribly timed.

When a woman has just offered a meal that she VERY MUCH ENJOYED up as an offering to the Porcelain Throne, she does not want somebody trying to be loving and understanding. <_<

Telling her that she is beautiful can be fatal at those moments. :zombie:

But your foot massages were appreciated, and had perfect timing. ::):

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Next week I will have my basic Military Skills Training again.

So looking forward to put on that mask and stand in a room filled with tear gas..and then do all the funny drills with it..

I do like the shooting part though.

When I was taking self defense classes, Grump used to play Crash Test Dummy, and let women spray him with pepper spray.

And then, if they didn't duck away, he would grab them and yell GOTCHA! That after spraying the thing to do is get distance from the person you just sprayed and GET AWAY. Maybe pause long enough to stomp their foot HARD.

I got really good at ducking down, behind him, and kicking him on the back of the knee so his leg folded and he fell to the mat.

Good times. Good times! :wub:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Okay, how do you add a signature? I finally have a quote I want to add at the bottom of the page.

In the header, go to { Your Name }>Account Settings

Then click Signature.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

In the header, go to { Your Name }>Account Settings

Then click Signature.

Thank you!

Look! Shiny new signature!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I was all foggy and blegh last week from the allergies - maintenance has no idea what they're doing. We put up dust mite filters on our vents and my coughing is almost completely nonexistent after a couple of hours. But I can breathe and we can use the AC again!

So of course I got my killer cramps today and now I'll be down from that for a few days... >_>

I'm gonna art so hard next week. >:(

• Like 8
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Diabolical good achieved. :devil:

So uhm, which one?  You had like a dozen going at once....

• Like 8