Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

I was all foggy and blegh last week from the allergies - maintenance has no idea what they're doing. We put up dust mite filters on our vents and my coughing is almost completely nonexistent after a couple of hours. But I can breathe and we can use the AC again!

So of course I got my killer cramps today and now I'll be down from that for a few days... >_>

I'm gonna art so hard next week. >:(

Push potassium, a TENS unit can help, if you are lucky enough to live in Canada Voltaren is awesome.  This applies to leg and abdominal cramps, fatigue and hormone induced.  (Thanks to the treatments and drugs I take I get them all)

Hope you feel better quickly!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

clinodactyly

Ain't that a flying dinosaur? Never heard that term before but my best friend and his mom both have it too.

@redambrosia, congratulations and my sympathy to your husband. Yeah, the mom's got the toughest job but being on support duty isn't easy either. My youngest is a week away from one year old so dealing with pregnancy is still pretty fresh in my mind. It's worth it though. For me I love spending time with my kids. Being a parent can be the hardest but also most rewarding job possible.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zink said:

Ain't that a flying dinosaur? Never heard that term before but my best friend and his mom both have it too.

*puts on nerd glasses

technically pterodactyls are not dinosaurs, but rather flying reptiles unrelated to them

:P

but yes. I have clinodactylys. They fly so majestically 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Thank you!

Look! Shiny new signature!

Can’t see it. Mobile gadget does not show them. @Doug Sundseth is there somewhere to switch them on...Did I turn them off somehow/where?

5 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

I’m not even sure that counts as food. 

@buglips*the*goblin will eat TacoBell items, ravenously, ...:wacko:...so yeah, maybe not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

:bday:

Megan will be around, offering 'Morning Sympathy'. ::): (Morning sickness, my arse! Megan was sick any time of day in the early pre-days of Brigid Danger.)

The Auld Grump - and any form of sympathy I tried got the 'you don't understand' look. <_<

Thank you ^_^ so far I haven't made an offering to the porcelain throne, but I do have a very annoying combo of acid reflux + nausea + hunger. I can keep it mostly at bay by eating snacks or small meals... so far so good.

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Isn't there something meditative about updating your mini spreadsheet?

What? I like spreadsheets...

Organizing and stuff can be very relaxing.

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@redambrosia, your baby is going to have many 20s of aunts and uncles here. ^_^

Hehe, awesome. A nerdy extended family ^_^ 

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

And Goulies and Ghosties and Goblins and Gremlins.::D:

GEM

Meet Tonks the Aye-Aye:

Hide contents

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/13/denver-zoo-baby-tonks-aye-aye/

So what do you think -

Cute or Not Cute?

GEM

Tonks is adorable! How dare they say she's not! :wub:

12 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Squeeeee!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :bday:  ^_^  

Ha!  I just got an email from daughter #2's English teacher, she finally connected the dots and linked back to daughter #1, whom she taught a couple of years ago.  I guess multiple castings can produce similar results.  ::D:  Having mastered the technique, I'm now content to pass on the job to other apprentices.  :;):

Well of course you don't understand.  Heck, half the time how I was feeling was a surprise even to me!  But pregnant mothers always deserve extra sleep, plenty of nutritious snacks and chocolate.  It's a tough job.  

Please tell my hubby that! When I thought this was just bad pms, I got a bunch of chocolate and now he's threatening to eat it, because I shouldn't have sugar ::o:

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and well wishes ^_^ :wub:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

You mean Taco Bell doesn't count? ::o:

8 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

I’m not even sure that counts as food. 

Oh come on now, you were in the military, I know you've had worse.::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Oh come on now, you were in the military, I know you've had worse.::P:

I didn't count a lot of that as food either.  Calories yes, food no.  While most MRE's are actually pretty decent, 'Omelet with Ham'....shudders

file.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Please tell my hubby that! When I thought this was just bad pms, I got a bunch of chocolate and now he's threatening to eat it, because I shouldn't have sugar ::o:

I believe this is a ploy to ensure he gets all the good chocolate!  You need the calories, your eating for 2 now (and one of them is a growing child!)  Remember, you also have the right to throw him out of the house any time day or night on a grocery store run for whatever your heart desires in the form of cravings. 

@Erifnogard. If you are going to post pictures like that, please put them behind spoilers! Some of us have weak stomachs and long memories...

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

So far we've just had bands of rain and some

strong gusts of wind; current forecast track seems to indicate that the (Research) Triangle (area) and surrounding areas may se continuous rain from this storm from late tonight/early tomorrow morning through Monday. 

Yeah, that’s all we’ve had here. We seem to be getting the stronger gusts in RTP now.  We haven’t gotten much rain yet, but I’m not complaining.  I’ve found this storm to be rather boring so far, which is a good thing.

We took in our bird feeders last night and now we have at least one wren confusedly looking for one of them.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

I didn't count a lot of that as food either.  Calories yes, food no.  While most MRE's are actually pretty decent, 'Omelet with Ham'....shudders

file.jpg

I like the vomelete.  It's like plastic you can eat!

• Haha 15
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Can’t see it. Mobile gadget does not show them. @Doug Sundseth is there somewhere to switch them on...Did I turn them off somehow/where?

There used to be a way to set the boards to not show signatures, but I don't see where you can modify that now. You can definitely choose to not show the signatures of specific users in the Ignored Users settings.

Sorry; best I have this morning.

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

file.jpg

Good thing MREs are so often eaten in the dark. ::D:

I will say that I can't recall hearing many complaints about MREs from people who have had to subsist on C-Rations, though. In the mid-70s, on CAP campouts, we used to get Korean-war era surplus C-Rats. They were a whole new shade of ... glop.

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1

Ordered new files and Ro&Co brushes today.  Also got some sanding sticks while I was getting the files.  Last night I started messing around with some of the Warlord Games Bolt Action stuff I bought at Reapercon, specifically late war British Infantry, and immediately ran into material limitations* so it was time to restock some tools. 

*With what I could do with an x-acto knife by itself, not limitations of the figures set which, so far as I can tell, is high quality if a million individual pieces.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Ordered new files and Ro&Co brushes today.  Also got some sanding sticks while I was getting the files.  Last night I started messing around with some of the Warlord Games Bolt Action stuff I bought at Reapercon, specifically late war British Infantry, and immediately ran into material limitations* so it was time to restock some tools. 

*With what I could do with an x-acto knife by itself, not limitations of the figures set which, so far as I can tell, is high quality if a million individual pieces.

At RC, @TaleSpinner recommended using scalpel blades rather than X-Acto blades, though he was specifically recommending them to address some of the ... features ... of greenstuff. I already had some, so I've started using them, and they're remarkably good at cleaning up plastics; much sharper than the hobby blades. Note that they're not really the right size for hobby-knife handles, but you can crank down and get the handles to work.

The #11 blades are very nice for most hobby tasks I've tried so far.

• Like 11

We lost power for nearly 3 hours last night, the most annoying thing about it was trying to sleep without my cpap. Our cable/internet/phone was

out for most of the morning so far (got it back sometime within the last hour while I was cooking and/or eating breakfast).

the wind has picked up to a steady 25 miles per hour or so (40.2 or so kilometers per hour, or so I am led to believe by my phone's conversion app (I can do the math,

but the app is quicker and plenty accurate)). Gusts of 40 mph (64.3 kph) or so have been reported in the area and

there have been a few radar indicated tornadoes, though none have been confirmed by eyes on the ground. The rain has become

nearly completely steady, we'll get breaks o four to five minutes between hour long showers, and periods of heavy rain come and go during those showers. Normal stuff for being on the edge of a hurricane when you live about 100 miles (160.9 kilometers) inland. 

• Sad 12