Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

The Lizard Overlord looks good !

Congratulations! It's a... Sleestak.

The Auld Grump

The restaurant has exactly one outlet in the dining room.

It is in the TV lounge.

One of my managers is watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Oi!

The Auld Grump - I would literally find paint drying more interesting.

• Haha 5

Came into work this morning to 13 service calls.  From the same person. 

A normal morning is 1-3, all from different people. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

Came into work this morning to 13 service calls.  From the same person.  

Maybe he's hoping that if he leaves enough calls, management will intervene and send someone out there sooner?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, haldir said:

Community College is or had their trunk or treat tonight..... Why? Just have it the same night as the 31st!

Update on the 3d printer:

The print of the test dog went OK but again it has problems on its left front side & on the back of the right side. Also the tail is missing half of the tip. 

I thought it s me & not having the right setting in place but I've printed off the King & Queen Squirrel chess pieces & they came out fantastic. The king SAS printed at a high resolution, whatever the default setting is in Cura. I decided to drop it down a bit to print the queen & the print was faster but the quality was just as good. Very happy with the pieces. I'm guessing there was something wrong with the file for the dog. Eh, no worries. 

I decided that my next print had to be a rpg related item & also from Thingiverse. Looked for a critter from Death House I needed a mini of. A door mimic. 

Print took about 30 minutes & came out great. I'll post a shot tomorrow when I get home from work in the morning. 

@Zink If your still on the fence about getting a Ender 3, I'd say go for it! Just note there is a Ender 3 Pro out more s well (bigger build plate). 

Thingiverse also has files for nifty little widgets designed to hold your minis while you paint.

It grips the base, and has a top handle for resting your finger to steady the model or to hold the mini upside down to get into some of the harder to reach areas on Scotsmen figures.

MiniVICE X looks like the most flexible, but there are a fair number of them out there.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

If it weren't for the fact that I'm putting in 9 hours of overtime on Saturday, I'd have a 4 day weekend thanks to the midterms. Gotta do some research on a few positions that I wasn't expecting to have to vote on, but thanks to recent events have been made into forced vacancies.

I also need to do some reorganization. I should probably try to take my long-empty fish tank up into the attic and free up that space. It's just so bulky, heavy, and awkward to carry and the stairs to the attic are so narrow and hard to access...

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Just thinking if you are not keen on having fish anytime soon, and if the tank would need a lot of refurbing to get it going again...

But I know nothing about fish tanks. 

Unless they don't make them as good as they once did or something. Maybe sell it on rather than lug it up the stairs. 

Glass aquariums that stay empty for a long time can sometimes develop problems as the glue and sealant between the glass panes ages. Moving them a lot also causes stress on the joints (not an issue sitting on a shelf). Acrylic tanks have fewer of these problems, but might get scratched up a bunch over time.

I have successfully used tanks that were sitting empty for 3-4 years without any problems, but I would take it outside and test-fill it first.

I have also seen what happens when a second floor aquarium springs a leak, and decides to drip 10-12 gallons of water on the floor over night. :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I have also seen what happens when a second floor aquarium springs a leak, and decides to drip 10-12 gallons of water on the floor over night. :mellow:

I've seen similar, but thankfully it was a ten gallon tank that had a lower corner burst.  Man, that betta was NOT happy about being in a five gallon bucket for half a day.  I was just thankful it didn't wait thirty more seconds to go "TIINNNNK" followed by the sound of a small yet reasonable flow of water, because otherwise that would have been ten gallons of water all over the floor, instead of mostly transferred into the bucket said betta wasn't happy about being in for half a day....

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Thank you, I now know one more bit I need to add to this Vokswagon-themed War Rig I'm building for Gaslands.

Let us just say that Ral Partha used to have a mini for an orc in a kilt....

With the traditional Scots undergarment.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Maybe he's hoping that if he leaves enough calls, management will intervene and send someone out there sooner?

I wish. 

Nope, this is a guy who does stuff like this:

Call #1 - "My Teller is down"
Call #2 - "I'm not getting any voltage"
Call #3 - "We changed the chips, and now it's worse."
Call #4 - "What is this circuit board?" 
Call #5 - "We're going to go steal a part from our other location."
Call #6 - "that didn't work." 

So on, and so forth until we get to call #13: "Help, we've been down for 2 days!" 

None of the messages are over 10 seconds long, and are basically a step by step of everything he's doing (wrong) - they came straight to my inbox last night, and I checked if he tried to use the emergency after hours service line as well - he didn't.  Meaning 13 calls to me without once selecting the option for the emergency line. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Currently eating a cheeseburger pizza.

Tastes better than I thought it would.

a couple of the local pizza places make cheeseburger pizzas. I quite like them. What all is on yours?

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Let us just say that Ral Partha used to have a mini for an orc in a kilt....

With the traditional Scots undergarment.

The Auld Grump

I believe Iron Wind Metals still produces that sculpt (they got most of Ral Partha's stuff) 

• Like 3

So last Christmas my daughter got a Kindle Fire kids edition tablet.  A couple days ago, she tells me that it won't play any audio at all on either tablet or her headphones  This morning I get a chance to look at it, and discover that she has somehow managed to break the outer portion of the headphone plug off in the jack. So no wonder it won't play any audio...

Try as I might with tweezers, I couldn't get it out.  Not willing to do any damage by trying anything further, I reached out to Amazon to see if they could help. Best I was hoping for was a reasonable repair fee. 

Found out that the tablet has a 2 year "No questions asked warranty" and that they're willing to swap it out for me.   And because I was straight up with them as to what the problem was, they jumped past a bunch of intermediary steps they normally do, and went straight to sending me the exchange info. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So last Christmas my daughter got a Kindle Fire kids edition tablet.  A couple days ago, she tells me that it won't play any audio at all on either tablet or her headphones  This morning I get a chance to look at it, and discover that she has somehow managed to break the outer portion of the headphone plug off in the jack. So no wonder it won't play any audio...

Try as I might with tweezers, I couldn't get it out.  Not willing to do any damage by trying anything further, I reached out to Amazon to see if they could help. Best I was hoping for was a reasonable repair fee. 

Found out that the tablet has a 2 year "No questions asked warranty" and that they're willing to swap it out for me.   And because I was straight up with them as to what the problem was, they jumped past a bunch of intermediary steps they normally do, and went straight to sending me the exchange info. 

I wonder if a strong neodymium magnet could pull it out of there. I think they make them in cylinder form 2mm diameter x 4mm tall. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

a couple of the local pizza places make cheeseburger pizzas. I quite like them. What all is on yours?

This was just a cheapy one from the grocery store, so just minced beef, gerkins, two kinds of cheese and a mustard drizzle.

• Like 3