Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

29 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

Have you got a source for that other than CNN? ...last time my poor little phone followed a CNN link it locked up the browser (I guess?) because of all the ad spam the CNN page harked up. 

All I know is it locked up... :mellow: ...and then crashed. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Getting caught up on todays emails I received a missive from the Discworld Emporium with news about a new BBC America production based on the characters from Terry Pratchett's Discworld Ankh-Morpork City Watch.

Planned for 8 - 60 minute episodes to be released in 2019.

This in addition to the already in production Good Omens, also from BBC, and the Hensen Studios producing The Wee Free Men for a feature film.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So, my mom got me this:

IMG_1950.thumb.JPG.43ce72cb620c5f3a291b3c5438cb99c4.JPG

her face was creeping me out, I had to cover it.

as well as the companion book for baby's first year. 

My my mom gave me homework!!! :blink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 16

Neat quilt pattern. 

Why is the model’s face covered up?

• Like 6

Well, I didn't get anywhere near the amount of painting done I thought I would, and only one trick or treater showed up. (who was then provided a good haul.)

While the Great Pumpkin did not see fit to visit any nearby environs, I received word that he chose a patch in Indiana and that certain Instructions had been passed on. Likewise the Happy Little Cookie Munching Crabs did not make an appearance either. While no official word has come down about them, rumor is that they did the Great Pumpkin some manner of favor in an alternate timeline at great cost to themselves and that they will be residing on the Far Shores until a permenent home can be found for them. 

• Like 7

5+ more minutes, please no truck! 

Our warehouse is run by idiots.... Early truck for the rest of the store coming at 3 am (mtn time) but so far no show. I say 5+ cause I was tad late due to talking with the closing manager. 

Go clock go! 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, TGP said:

Neat quilt pattern. 

Why is the model’s face covered up?

Tiny font, under the picture... she was creeping me out :lol:

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Here’s hoping it proves to be some bozos fooling about with M-80s or cherry bombs. 

Might have been. A little after my last post our kid came in with a final for last night report. There had been incidents a few blocks away in three directions and someone’s car was set on fire.

About half an hour after that a group of about forty people appeared in the street in front of our house with some of them jumping on car roofs and windshields and I called 911 on them. Yeesh.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

Might have been. A little after my last post our kid came in with a final for last night report. There had been incidents a few blocks away in three directions and someone’s car was set on fire.

About half an hour after that a group of about forty people appeared in the street in front of our house with some of them jumping on car roofs and windshields and I called 911 on them. Yeesh.

This is rather odd seeing as how this kind of thing is usually reserved for when the home sportsball team wins a tournament or something...

• Like 5

Yeah for having our warehouse in Utah! 

Hate having to unload the other departments truck epically on a screw up like this.

Suppose to show early next week, not today. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm afraid that I have an update, and it's not a good one. My friend was found this morning and he had taken his own life. The entire gaming community here is in shock right now, he was one of my two friends that ran the Gamer's Guild here and even though he no longer lived here, he and his wife made the trip every month to make sure that it was running and teach people the joy of boardgames. He was an amazing dungeon master who was one of my closest friends, and the loss hurts even more because of how close our little group was. We lost a man whose creativity and imagination brought so much joy in our lives, and it's not easy to take in right now, no matter how many times I've felt loss in my life.

Wow, that's just terrible!

My sympathies to all involved.

I wish I could help you, but all I can offer is my sympathies and if you need to "talk" just send me a message.

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

This behaviour is uncalled for.

It saddens me to say that we get that here as well, mostly hooligans after a soccer match.

Pfff. why can't people have a good time without being total %$#&~?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

D&D was a success! Made it to the court of the giant king, killed the fire giant and subdued the cloud giant chiefs while the stone and frost giant chiefs watched. Level 9, here I come!

Pez, I'm so sorry... 

IMG_20181031_155731.thumb.jpg.bef28a03d77763061c2c53adfc5f9c53.jpg

From yesterday's walk.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm afraid that I have an update, and it's not a good one. My friend was found this morning and he had taken his own life. The entire gaming community here is in shock right now, he was one of my two friends that ran the Gamer's Guild here and even though he no longer lived here, he and his wife made the trip every month to make sure that it was running and teach people the joy of boardgames. He was an amazing dungeon master who was one of my closest friends, and the loss hurts even more because of how close our little group was. We lost a man whose creativity and imagination brought so much joy in our lives, and it's not easy to take in right now, no matter how many times I've felt loss in my life.

Sweet gods be merciful. ::(:

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I'd like to point out that even though he claims he can't afford to start an upgrade to current tech, he seems to have all the time and other resources needed in order to keep applying duct tape and bailing wire to a system that is only going to continue to fail at an ever faster rate as more and more of the components age out and give up.  At what point does the ongoing breakdown problems translate into customers giving up and seeking other places of business that are reliably functioning when the customer needs the service?  Unless this guy has an absolute lock on the market he's going to reach the point where, instead of making some small lifestyle adjustments in order to keep his business functioning he will have to face a sudden and forced change in lifestyle as his business goes completely toes up.

yep.  This is exactly my concern.  I genuinely like the guy, too - so it's rough for me to just sit back and keep my mouth shut. 

on another topic, today started out with them finally harvesting the corn in the field across the street from me.  Never had this close of a vantage point to the process - so it's been fun to watch from my office window, if a little noisy and dusty. 

• Like 5