Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

54 minutes ago, Unruly said:

So, does anyone use masking fluid when they're painting their minis? I'm looking for some recommendations for one that's readily available in the US.

I only paint with brushes, so nope.

Sunday,

Girl is working morning shift.

Oldest Vixen is off to work.

Youngest Vixen is recovering from a night out..<_<

I'm on the couch and this forum, waiting for the supermarket to open, so I can get breakfast.

Of course Brutus has decided that I'm a warm cozy pillow, so it remains to be seen if I can really get up later...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

So, does anyone use masking fluid when they're painting their minis? I'm looking for some recommendations for one that's readily available in the US.

I don't have a Micro-Mark Catalog handy but I'll try to remember to dig one out tomorrow and look up what they have to offer.

Personally I've never used the stuff but I've read about it in articles in the Model Railroad  press dealing with painting and weathering.

GEM

• Like 4

I prepared dinner for tonight.

Stifado ( Greek Stewed Beef)

Chicken Souvlaki ( Greek Kebab)

Gyros ( Pork, Greek Shoarma)

Greek Salad

Dolmades ( Wineleaves filled with rice)

Olives with Garlic

Pita bread

Fries.

And now I'm painting!

• Like 13

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooooh, is it the kind of stompy that a fox likes?  So can't wait to see this thread! 

Maybe. It may be more of a coyote thing. Preview of sorts in the CAV III KS thread, which shows what was delaying my finishing.

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

Went down to see what masking fluid I had that I've used once. Couldn't find it, and probably tossed it due to being dried out, iirc. Used blue tack this last go. The fluid was certainly thinner, but I may have been heavy on rattle can paint this round.

• Like 5

I guess yay for an extra hour of sleep? Still think daylight saving time is stupid...

Took the girls to the park, now have coffee. I'll be making waffles shortly, and then on to meal prep for the week. 

IMG_20181104_075241.jpg

• Like 17

Ugh, stupid daylight savings time. I got up thinking it was time to go to the store, but I have to wait an hour. Ugh!

Of course, the cat thinks it's time to feed him and doesn't give a poop what the clock says.

• Like 15

My sympathy for all the people stuck with daylight savings. I on the other hand don't have to worry about it. So I was awake at 7 even though I wanted to sleep longer because that's when my body said I'd had enough sleep. Hate waking up tired although I should be used to it. Even more annoying when there's no reason not to sleep longer and you can't. I'll read my forums for a bit more and then go cook some bacon, eggs and pancakes for breakfast. If I can't sleep I might as well make everybody else hungry while they're sleeping.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Those... will make an excellent addition to our scenery collection.

Yeah, I think I need those for one of my projects...

• Like 6

I haz painted!

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83406-ophidian-warrior-snakeman-by-glitterwolf/

And check out my Lost World Project for Group Photos of the creatures I've done so far, they will be up in a minute.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&amp;page=136

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

Grrr...

Jack can't have All The Things simply because Jack wants them.

This is highly unfair.

I'm going to complain to management about this.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Grrr...

Jack can't have All The Things simply because Jack wants them.

This is highly unfair.

I'm going to complain to management about this.

I think you have a very strong case!

image.png.9a9dc841993fa93b2be05b2302f7e99d.png

• Haha 11

On 10/30/2018 at 6:17 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmmm... in honor of Guy Fawkes day, Heroic Maps is including a State Chambers map with their Patreon incentive for November....

Gee, I can't think of any way that I could possibly use such a chamber for my Regency Space game... especially if any of the party gets accused of Treason... (Sorry, Duncan. :devil:.)

The Auld Grump - they will also have some caves, and a dwarfen hydropower plant, but, really - the State Chambers are pretty much tailor made for my needs.

Sorry Megan, no lookies -

If the party sneaks in through the cellars to try a rescue of their compatriot, they will discover that the basement has been packed with explosives.

Someone is trying to rid themselves of both the troublesome PCs and that meddling Chamber of Commons at the same time....

Nope, not looking forward to this map, at all. :devil:

It's fun, playing in Megan's game and seeing how many methods she has stolen from me, over the years, yet adding her own touch. :wub:

Coming back to find that the ship has been attacked while we were away is very much something that I would have done. ::): Nothing makes the world seem more real than things happening while you are away.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Stupid pancakes! Either too hot or not hot enough: :throws burned pancake:

::(: I've got leftovers that were cooked perfect. Not sure what kind of shape they'd be in by the time they got to you. A few eggs and a bit of bacon and the boys didn't come close to eating the amount of pancakes they normally do. 

• Like 5

Jack has just had a revolutionary idea - Jack is going to get orf his arf and go do things today.

Because if he doesn't, he'll be eating generic Pop Tarts for breakfast and lunch tomorrow and he's going to have to wear the same underwear two days in a row. :wacko:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4