Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

39 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I refer you to my previously posted remarks on Felines and their apparent state of sleep.

It's actually a deep state of meditation that allows them to transcend this mortal plane.  While in this state they are able to do battle with all of the incorporeal nasties who wish to do harm to humanity.  This has been recognized since ancient times in those societies more attuned to these matters than those of us not just bound to this plane but also under the influence of what we call "technology".

GEM

True, but that isn't to say we shouldn't lend then some back up in these matters. Also if we can determine a stable and repeatable way for insomniacs to follow the feline example in falling into a deeper state quickly and easily, much suffering can be averted. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I often keep an emergency lasagna in my freezer, right now I've got chicken tiki masala.  

We decided that after watching people bake chocolate soufflé on TV we should try it.  Really not sure how it's going to turn out, but hopefully yummy.  More impressive will be if I nail the timing.

At the very least, you'll have chocolate pudding stuff.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Zink said:

My sympathy for all the people stuck with daylight savings. I on the other hand don't have to worry about it. So I was awake at 7 even though I wanted to sleep longer because that's when my body said I'd had enough sleep. Hate waking up tired although I should be used to it. Even more annoying when there's no reason not to sleep longer and you can't. I'll read my forums for a bit more and then go cook some bacon, eggs and pancakes for breakfast. If I can't sleep I might as well make everybody else hungry while they're sleeping.

Damn you and your Saskatchewan ways. My brain is still telling me it's like 10 O'clock 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

Damn you and your Saskatchewan ways. My brain is still telling me it's like 10 O'clock 

My cat is trying to convince me it's 9pm. He's getting hugged and kissed for his troubles :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My cat is trying to convince me it's 9pm. He's getting hugged and kissed for his troubles :lol:

But according to his reset six months ago internal clock it is now after 9:00 and kitty is trying to figure out why the dinner bell is late.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

That's one of many articles.

Official stance:

EU has said every Nation will decide for themselves if they want to choose Summer or Winter time.

So The Netherlands is thinking about it, and will choose soon.

It is a little dissapointing that this is handled this way, because now we may have different timezones in Europe.

Imagine Germany and The Netherlands choosing differently will result in an hour difference while we are neighbours.

I had hoped EU would choose one time for all.

Just don't pull a Newfoundland.  Or let them!  For those that don't get it, we'll just borrow from the CBC.  "(show) will be broadcasted at 6... 6:30 in Newfoundland".  They're a half hour later then everyone around them for some reason!

8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I bought a Javapress manual Burr mill from amazon.  noise is practically non-existent.  does enough coffee for 24 ounces of liquid gold in about 3 minutes and packs down into a cylinder that slides into one of the side pockets on my backback.  Grind is very even and you can use it to fill one of the refillable k-cups or get a java press and use that.  beats the noise of an electric grinder at 5am

We do have a Hario Mini, it's just...  Consistency of grind on that one isn't all that great.  That and it's being compared to a Baratza Encore, which can chew through enough beans for two mugs worth of coffee (16 Oz each) in about... Ten seconds.  Versus, uhm, a while with the Hario Mini.  A coworker has a Porlex, and rather likes it.  I'll look into the JavaPresse, but wow, they're not what I'd call cheap on Amazon, that's for sure...  Well, Amazon Canada anyways, where they're... Yeah, pricy.  We'll go with that.

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

I actually don't care whether we pick winter or summer time, I just want to pick one and never change again. 

But what will the fey courts say?  Surely one being picked over the other would mean the balance isn't there anymore!

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

Mine went "oh nice, that means I didn't sleep past noon".  Apparently I really did choose a good time to do the 7-day challenge, because man, I totally didn't even notice DST at all...

• Like 11

I've been trying to print each day with the printer. Downloaded the swag bag code from RCon this year (nice timing!!) Mine was the Cavern starter set. Rastl said hers was the village set. Kinda curious on how many different items were offered. My current que is tents & altars. Need to flesh out the mage/zombie encounter in Pandelver when the party gets back to that adventure. Love the Fat Dragon stuff, but really starting to like the OpenForge designs as well. Currently printing off the top half of a 28mm Army Bell tent. Looks like that'll make for a great wizard tent.

Funny, tonight I was filling out the magic item/treasure sheet for my latest pbp here on the forum when I noticed the printer was making a weird noise & then noticed there was no filament line going from reel to post (ie it was disconnected!). Ended up changing out a few things & cleaning my nozzle for the first time. I should have done that earlier. Printer sounds better & the current print looks better.

Loving this printer!!

Time Change thought: Since my co-worker & I are the only ones at work that get directly affected by the change. We are working when it swaps, no matter which one. All I know is today we got out an hour "earlier" even thou we worked a full 8 hours. Spring time is it's 8 hrs but we worked 9. So eh whatever. I will be on the side that says to abolish it. Be like Arizona!!!!

• Like 10

It's just settling in that I'm working again tomorrow.. 

My alarm goes off in five hours.  Going to be a fun day back at work, filled with caffeine I suspect! 

..That and contractors at home to fix a broken pipe when I get home, off work early because I couldn't get them to come any later due to the estimated amount of time to repair things..

• Sad 6

9 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Oh wow. I didn't know there was anyone else on here from this neck of the woods. I'm in Kambah, which is the direction the fire has been moving.

More than three days after it started and they still haven't declared it under control...

@sumbloke Yup, I'm also southside ::D: at Gowrie. I had to keep an eye on the media releases and other information for work related purposes, so the ESA have said its "contained" but all other information says its "being controlled" I'd like to know what a fire "being controlled" means... :blink: for me either it is controlled or it isn't ... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Something to go see, if ever you chance to visit Wisconsin:

https://www.wpr.org/visitors-drawn-center-northwestern-world-marathon-county

1 hour ago, Sibling said:

...a fire "being controlled" means... :blink: for me either it is controlled or it isn't... 

I think ^ this ^ means: as long as equipment and firefighters are continuously battling the fire, it will get no worse. If they were to pack up and walk away it would go back out of control. 

• Like 6

Lunchtime.

I have some leftover Gyros/Souvlaki/Dolmades.

and I have something else..painkillers didn't do the job..

image.png.b0097618fff5a7dda1d4d8f436d5f82f.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 13

13 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

51 minutes ago, TGP said:

Which makes me want to visit 45N, 90E now. Looks doable

Middle of what was once Tibet...?? Umm, OK. 

No wait.....

https://www.mapsofworld.com/lat_long/maps/Mongolia-lat-long.jpg

this ^ stupid map that won’t insert says Edge-of-Mongolia rather than the middle of Tibet. 

Edited by TGP
Map
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TGP said:
6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

44 minutes ago, TGP said:

Which makes me want to visit 45N, 90E now. Looks doable

Middle of what was once Tibet...?? Umm, OK

Pretty close to a major city, mere six hour drive. So, yeah. On the possible list.

• Like 4