Jump to content

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

BTDT.

Walking on bulkheads (walls) was fun!

If you timed the waves right, you could make it up a 12-15 step ladder (stairway ya filthy landlubbers!) in just 1 step. If you messed up the timing though, you were in for some hurt...

 

I'm already fully qualified to fall up stairs without any help from Interesting Weather, thank you ..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favorite things about my job is meeting new dogs. You can tell they're happy and excited if they beat you with their adorable tails. I love dogs!      So... yeah.... have been

Today I said goodbye to Marmalade. She was a wonderful lump from the moment I met her, my wife always had said that I was the only male that she ever warmed up to right away. Some of you who have been

I'm afraid that I have an update, and it's not a good one. My friend was found this morning and he had taken his own life. The entire gaming community here is in shock right now, he was one of my two

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

 

7 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

There's no such thing as a free lunch...

TANSTAAFL

The hidden costs being the time taken away from otherwise productive work and having to listen to somebody who is probably not a charismatic speaker drone on about something that is most likely of little interest or relevance.

GEM

And then there's the heartburn after

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

TANSTAAFL

The hidden costs being the time taken away from otherwise productive work and having to listen to somebody who is probably not a charismatic speaker drone on about something that is most likely of little interest or relevance.

Oh Goodness. 

 

That reminds me of a certain PowerPoint presentation. It was a full hour. There was no food/drink. I suppose you could say it was relevant....the Bossling giving the presentation had spent weeks preparing a PowerPoint that showed where all 200-ish people under his purview fitted in. In Boxes. Flowchart Boxes. Page after identical page (there was an official, approved, mandatory template in PP) filled with many-many-little Boxen. With names of lesser bosses and their underling under-bosses inside each box. 

 

On page 47 was where my box was. 

 

My name appeared nowhere. Nor the name of my lead. But on page 47 there was one little box with the name of the underboss we reported to. Lots of boxes, lots of connecting lines, many more pages, lots of droning...

 

...no food, much droning. <_<

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 9:42 AM, sumbloke said:

Oh wow. I didn't know there was anyone else on here from this neck of the woods. I'm in Kambah, which is the direction the fire has been moving.

 

More than three days after it started and they still haven't declared it under control...

There's been a fair bit of rain the last couple of days, so that should help them control it...

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unruly said:

 

We always used the cheap plastic chips. Or we just used the spare change in our pockets. Still got in trouble with the school because even pennies or worthless plastic was still considered gambling. Heck, they almost didn't want to let us play Magic the Gathering because they tried to consider it gambling...

 

Deciding if I want to make spaghetti sauce or if I want to make something else. 

Early Magic: the Gathering was gambling, back when they used ante cards. As soon as they got rid of that, there wasn't any gambling involved any more.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Early Magic: the Gathering was gambling, back when they used ante cards. As soon as they got rid of that, there wasn't any gambling involved any more.

 

Yea, but this was during 6th edition and beyond. Which was after ante cards were removed. And the ante rule was, if I remember correctly, always optional as the cards that specifically mentioned it would say "if not playing for ante remove this card from your deck." I don't think ante was ever something they did in tournaments, either, because then they'd run afoul of gambling laws in most states.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TGP said:

Oh Goodness. 

 

That reminds me of a certain PowerPoint presentation. It was a full hour. There was no food/drink. I suppose you could say it was relevant....the Bossling giving the presentation had spent weeks preparing a PowerPoint that showed where all 200-ish people under his purview fitted in. In Boxes. Flowchart Boxes. Page after identical page (there was an official, approved, mandatory template in PP) filled with many-many-little Boxen. With names of lesser bosses and their underling under-bosses inside each box. 

 

On page 47 was where my box was. 

 

My name appeared nowhere. Nor the name of my lead. But on page 47 there was one little box with the name of the underboss we reported to. Lots of boxes, lots of connecting lines, many more pages, lots of droning...

 

...no food, much droning. <_<

 

I would love to attend such a meeting, this would give me the time to come up with the complete history of my Lost World Project and a few others!

Including elaborate detailed battle reports.

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I painted today! It wasn't a mini, but still, I got paint on my hands, so it was good! 

 

I was painting this:

IMG_1959.PNG.20834d676a45ba43bb2f801c9ef4d172.PNG

 

In the back it has a string of LED lights. It's going to be a Christmas present for my mom. She loves Christmas.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

 @redambrosia

Nice !

 

Wednesday...I like my work. But still I would rather be home with the girls and Brutus.

I want to hobby, cook, walk with Brutus.

WWWHYHYYYYYYYHHYYYY do we need money?

 

Oh..yeah..to buy minis...

Nevermind.

 

...and Dog Chow. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Food and such things seem to be of importance.... and on that matter I'm now having lunch.

 

leftover macaroni with ground beef, ham cubes, red bell peppers, fried egg and seasoned with kecap.

Add a little ketchup and GO!

I would add grate cheese normally but I haven't got it here.

 

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 @redambrosia

Nice !

 

Wednesday...I like my work. But still I would rather be home with the girls and Brutus.

I want to hobby, cook, walk with Brutus.

I'm guessing hobbying and cooking with Brutus would get kind of messy after short order...  Not to mention the bacon would keep "mysteriously" disappearing and all you'd get from Brutus is one of those "I have no idea what happened, it was a blur, it happened in the blink of an eye!" kind of looks.

 

Sure would be neat to see a Boxer sitting there with a size 0 brush and slowwwwwly painting away..

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to have lost the notebook that I was doing some of my super early campaign prep in. It only had like 6 or 7 pages of info in it, but it was all the basic groundwork I was laying before I fell into a funk and put it down. Now I'm basically having to start from scratch with the stuff I can remember and the very, very scant portion that I transcribed over to a Google Doc because I was afraid of this happening.

 

So go me for having forethought, but boo me for not completing the task and allowing the exact situation I knew was going to happen to happen.

  • Sad 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Unruly said:

 

Yea, but this was during 6th edition and beyond. Which was after ante cards were removed. And the ante rule was, if I remember correctly, always optional as the cards that specifically mentioned it would say "if not playing for ante remove this card from your deck." I don't think ante was ever something they did in tournaments, either, because then they'd run afoul of gambling laws in most states.

 

All true. (to the best of my knowledge)

 

Virtually nobody I knew played for ante, which made those pretty much dead cards.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...