Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

My calendar show Christmas is still 5 1/2 weeks away.

so I just have to ask, why do you have less than 3 weeks to complete a Nativity Set?

GEM

To have it ready for the start of Advent (which is the fourth Sunday before Christmas, this year 3 weeks and 2 days before).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

To have it ready for the start of Advent (which is the fourth Sunday before Christmas, this year 3 weeks and 2 days before).

Got it.

GEM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Or you could do what I did.  Start it in October, get about half done with the Mary, Joseph and Jesus bit, stop working on it for a year and finally realize that maybe you should actually finish it.  :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Last year I acquired the nativity box set. I've been procrastinating and have just realised I have less than three weeks to paint it up...

Well, I mean, it depends on which Christmas you're aiming for. You could have a year and three weeks, or two years, or... I'm sure you see where this is heading? :lol: 

I was torn between houses, figmentius or procrastinus, but ultimately picked the former because I like to buy things. Also, purple.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Awake. Car cleaned out so that my passenger seat is usable, ate some sourdough for breakfast, and am now watching a bit of tv before I leave for Pittsburgh in about an hour and a half.

Not looking forward to the drive, because I hate Pittsburgh traffic. It's why I tend to try and avoid it as much as possible.

• Like 10

It is M-Day. The moving team arrives in a few hours...

I’m hoping I’ve sequestered enough vital stuff to live for a few days. As my SO notes, tomorrow will be like Christmas with 500 presents.

72416719-F5E0-4482-9F69-EE2D52A2C6BF.thumb.jpeg.3a18cd7d20d9adde1be72ee0290113ca.jpeg

• Like 11

I've found out that I can wear a hoodie that I couldn't wear when I bought it. It was an online purchase, of a limited item, for a show that I love, that was in the same size of everything I always wear. It was one of those situations where I was disappointed that their sizing ran small.

But now I can wear it! I has a happy!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

-------------------------------------------------------

I have had it up to here^ with these sleep issues and tiny narcoleptic dips i keep getting at my desk in the mornings.  Insurance can't approve my CPAP soon enough.

• Sad 14

Well, I'm in Pittsburgh now. I've dropped off my roommate at the airport, and I've made it to Ikea. I'm now required to wait for the next hour for Ikea to open, because it is currently closed. It's a much bigger store than I imagined.

There's also a Hobby Town across the street. I may peek my head in there as well. I don't know what all they carry, but it says "hobby" in the name so I should be able to find something worthwhile to go with my new desk. I mean, I'm already here, so I may as well scope things out.

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

-------------------------------------------------------

I have had it up to here^ with these sleep issues and tiny narcoleptic dips i keep getting at my desk in the mornings.  Insurance can't approve my CPAP soon enough.

Mr Flit is in  the same boat. Waiting for a consultation on how to use the CPAP and getting the insurance to get it approved.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.a3ab35d05a7bda0baf4fc7d24b844150.png

I'm off today, so I hope it isn't too short. I have things to paint!!

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

It is M-Day. The moving team arrives in a few hours...

I’m hoping I’ve sequestered enough vital stuff to live for a few days. As my SO notes, tomorrow will be like Christmas with 500 presents.

72416719-F5E0-4482-9F69-EE2D52A2C6BF.thumb.jpeg.3a18cd7d20d9adde1be72ee0290113ca.jpeg

I hope you didn't pack a bag of trash. That's a really unpleasant box to open a week later.... :unsure: 

41 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Well, I'm in Pittsburgh now. I've dropped off my roommate at the airport, and I've made it to Ikea. I'm now required to wait for the next hour for Ikea to open, because it is currently closed. It's a much bigger store than I imagined.

There's also a Hobby Town across the street. I may peek my head in there as well. I don't know what all they carry, but it says "hobby" in the name so I should be able to find something worthwhile to go with my new desk. I mean, I'm already here, so I may as well scope things out.

Yeah, Ikea is huge. You gonna grab breakfast while you're there? 

Coffee!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, Ikea is huge. You gonna grab breakfast while you're there? 

Coffee!!

Nah, the restaurant doesn't open until 11. I'm hoping to be out of here by then.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Nah, the restaurant doesn't open until 11. I'm hoping to be out of here by then.

Really? That's weird. The restaurant at the Baltimore Ikea opens an hour before the store does... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1