Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I had an epiphany today.

 

You DON'T need a recipe to make a casserole! :;,;:

 

If the foods go together, then add rice or noodles, and cheese or mushroom soup! Bam! Casserole!

 

Today, rice, burger, onion, a can of stewed tomato, sour cream, a package of taco seasoning, and cheese.

 

Bam! CASSEROLE! :bday:

 

You have no idea of how proud I am of this accomplishment!

 

I am going to be ragging Mum SO hard about this! :lol:

That has been my secret for making casseroles for... well, a long time. ::):

 

It is also the secret I use for the crock pot.

 

And curries. (Last week was pumpkin, carrot, Fresno pepper, chicken curry soup. A LOT of soup.)

 

What do you think I have been doing with our leftovers? :lol:

 

And it is a wonderful feeling when you put the random ingredients in, and good food comes out - like mad science in the kitchen! It's a soup! It's a soup! Mwa ha ha ha!

 

It is the soul of true kitchen mastery - from now on, when you are presented with ingredients, you will see possible foods.

 

And the casserole was yummy. ::):

 

The Auld Grump - and the great thing is that there are generally a lot more successes than failures. If you think things will go well together, then they probably will.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Really? That's weird. The restaurant at the Baltimore Ikea opens an hour before the store does... 

 

This one says 11am for the restaurant on the sign, and bistro is "closed until further notice" on the website.

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay it is raining, sleeting, and freezing raining here. And snow expected a bit later maybe up to 2 inches. It's really great to have all the frozen stuff all together like a chocolate sampler or something.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopping in Hobby Town was not a smart move. No sir. I'm about tempted to bankrupt myself. Oh dear sweet someone save me from myself...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Stopping in Hobby Town was not a smart move. No sir. I'm about tempted to bankrupt myself. Oh dear sweet someone save me from myself...

It's like a gravitational pull isn't it?

Right now you're probably thinking something along the lines of "Well I can always build a desk out of scrap plywood or something and use the money towards these nice shiny things over here instead...and IKEA is a scary place what with the howling of lost and trapped souls who never found their way out of the stacks..."

I know this feeling well. 

 

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

It's like a gravitational pull isn't it?

Right now you're probably thinking something along the lines of "Well I can always build a desk out of scrap plywood or something and use the money towards these nice shiny things over here instead...and IKEA is a scary place what with the howling of lost and trapped souls who never found their way out of the stacks..."

I know this feeling well. 

 

 

I was smart and did Ikea first. I escaped Hobby Town with my self-control intact, but barely. I even managed to put a couple things that I picked up back on the shelf! And then I went looking at the Tamiya paints. And that was when I decided I needed to GTFO before I tried to buy up the entire rack...

  • Like 8
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just what I needed... I started planning out another fantasy campaign. (Megan used to wonder why I ran so many campaigns - it's to make my brain shut the heck up!)

 

Generally as one campaign is drawing to a close, my brain throws up another.... Like ADHD with a schedule to keep.

 

Right now, I have plans for Razor Coast, The Blight, a superhero cop campaign, and now this.

 

The Auld Grump - topic on the general fantasy area - a fantasy cop campaign. A fantasy Dragnet to the Super Heroes Hill Street Blues (with elements of The Sweeney). *EDIT* Megan running her Eberron game is throwing me off - I was running three campaigns at a time, now I am running two - but still have mental slates for three. And I really don't want Megan's game to end. I am having a blast being  player for a change.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Unruly said:

 

I was smart and did Ikea first. I escaped Hobby Town with my self-control intact, but barely. I even managed to put a couple things that I picked up back on the shelf! And then I went looking at the Tamiya paints. And that was when I decided I needed to GTFO before I tried to buy up the entire rack...

You made it out of Ikea? The last time someone I knew ventured in there, we had to send a rescue party, the employees kept cutting the string trails and sweeping up the lines of bread crumbs...

Congratulations on passing your Willpower check though. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Unruly said:

 

I was smart and did Ikea first. I escaped Hobby Town with my self-control intact, but barely. I even managed to put a couple things that I picked up back on the shelf! And then I went looking at the Tamiya paints. And that was when I decided I needed to GTFO before I tried to buy up the entire rack...

 

Red, Blue, and maybe Green Tamiya Inks ? FTW. 

 

Those do wonders for Bones Transluscents. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flit said:

Yay it is raining, sleeting, and freezing raining here. And snow expected a bit later maybe up to 2 inches. It's really great to have all the frozen stuff all together like a chocolate sampler or something.

 

Sounds like a lot of days up here. "If you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes and it'll change" isn't really a joke. It's life in the spring and fall. And a lot of the the summer and winter. 

 

Got the boys talked into trying out Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Need to see if I can get my act together fast enough to try it today while they're not in school.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

 

I hope you didn't pack a bag of trash. That's a really unpleasant box to open a week later.... :unsure: 

 

I’ll hope not.  ::P: Speaking from experience? The house is emptying out, but I am more convinced than ever that my next projects are going to be beautiful little bonsai games. :wacko: Or else I’m going to take up bridge...

 

 

 

 

Edited by Rob Dean
Computer craziness...
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

You made it out of Ikea? The last time someone I knew ventured in there, we had to send a rescue party, the employees kept cutting the string trails and sweeping up the lines of bread crumbs...

The last time I went to Ikea, I spent longer in line waiting to check out than I did in the rest of the store.  We were still in and out in less than an hour.  I was only there for one thing though (more SMÅRASSEL photo boxes for storing mini packs/blisters).

 

My wife won't let me go to Ikea unless I actually need something and I have a planned shopping list.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

 

I hope you didn't pack a bag of trash. That's a really unpleasant box to open a week later.... :unsure: 

 

I’ll hope not.  ::P: Speaking from experience? The house is emptying out, but I am more convinced than ever that my next projects are going to be beautiful little bonsai games. :wacko: Or else I’m going to take up bridge...

Unfortunately, yes... yes I am... :zombie:

 

I'm debating what to work on next. I have my Undead of October just about done, and the 3 adventurers nearly done... Need to finish off the belly dancer... but I'm really itching to start something new. I'm just not exactly sure what! :lol:

 

2 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

The last time I went to Ikea, I spent longer in line waiting to check out than I did in the rest of the store.  We were still in and out in less than an hour.  I was only there for one thing though (more SMÅRASSEL photo boxes for storing mini packs/blisters).

 

My wife won't let me go to Ikea unless I actually need something and I have a planned shopping list.

That is the only safe way to do it... 

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Crowley said:

 

33 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

My wife won't let me go to Ikea unless I actually need something and I have a planned shopping list.

That is the only safe way to do it... 

It helps that Ikea is several hours away.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy. When my husband (boyfriend at the time), his brother, and I moved into an apartment together in our late teens, we had the IKEA adventure. 

 

:lol:

 

We just got so excited about being adults! And having our own space! We crammed in 3 desks (two of them were big corner desks!), an entertainment center, two lamps, a table, and 4 chairs into and on top of that tiny car. We had rope wrapping around everything and everywhere. We just held on to all the strings and prayed as we slowly drove away....  I remember having to sit all silly in the back seat and we were almost crying with laughter from the stupidity of it all.

 

Teenagers can be so dumb. :rolleyes:

 

Everything died or was given away over the years except those lamps. We still use them.

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 4
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...