Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

52 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh... If you used their credit card thingy, Reaper's merchant system puts through two transactions: one $1 pre-authorization to verify the card, and THEN the amount you want.  PayPal payments don't do this, it's just the one transaction. 

That would at least explain the couple of $1 transactions.  They'll drop either in a few days, or a week. 

Yeah, I figured that was what was happening.  It's just so....  Frustrating.  This is why I don't normally fill out rebate things for small amounts of cash.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favorite things about my job is meeting new dogs. You can tell they're happy and excited if they beat you with their adorable tails. I love dogs!      So... yeah.... have been

Today I said goodbye to Marmalade. She was a wonderful lump from the moment I met her, my wife always had said that I was the only male that she ever warmed up to right away. Some of you who have been

I'm afraid that I have an update, and it's not a good one. My friend was found this morning and he had taken his own life. The entire gaming community here is in shock right now, he was one of my two

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Employee-owned grocery chain. That part is important, and should not be left out. *sage nod*

Which western states? I don't know that I've been to a Winco. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Which western states? I don't know that I've been to a Winco. 

California, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Montana, Texas, and Oklahoma. Prices are good, pizza is awesome, good meat department, and fantastic bulk goods area. I mainly go for the bulk goods as it is the cheapest around here for nuts. Still remember a friend in college getting 5lbs of gummy bears. I have gotten to know them fairly well as they are one of my customers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

California, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Montana, Texas, and Oklahoma. Prices are good, pizza is awesome, good meat department, and fantastic bulk goods area. I mainly go for the bulk goods as it is the cheapest around here for nuts. Still remember a friend in college getting 5lbs of gummy bears. I have gotten to know them fairly well as they are one of my customers.

Huh. I lived in CA for a darn long time and didn't see them in my areas of northern or southern end. Driven through all but Texas and Oklahoma. Maybe I saw one and just don't remember? **shrug** 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, that sucks. I hope you're able to get it taken care of quickly and not too expensively.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSA:

Packing/preparing to move sucks.

Thanks.  We're spending the weekend snowed in so it seems like a good time to start cleaning/wiping down what we can and assessing the damage. 

I've solved the prepping to move issue by not unpacking a lot of stuff, that way it stays ready to go until next time. ::P:

• Like 3
Just now, Cyradis said:

I believe you. Just never saw them somehow. 

Last one I was in was in one of the nicer suburbs of Las Vegas.

Very Clean, very well stocked, very pleasant staff.

They have sort of a minimalist front facade so they kind of fade into the background unless you are consciously looking for them.

GEM

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Huh. I lived in CA for a darn long time and didn't see them in my areas of northern or southern end. Driven through all but Texas and Oklahoma. Maybe I saw one and just don't remember? **shrug** 

Even though they are now spread out, there are not many of them compared to other chains. In Southern California there are only about 20 and they are mostly in the Inland Empire and desert areas. The Texas stores are concentrated around Dallas and in Oklahoma around Oklahoma City. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Wow, pink pigeons are super dumb :lol:

And according to the local hawks around my house... extra tasty.  It's the fluorescent pink paintball spot on their back that adds the extra zip!

Or were you refering to the one who vpme by the color naturally?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Went to Rose Gal to check out the hoodie and guess who I found lurking on page 23 of the Menswear Section?

Hide contents

Glitterwolf.jpg.7ccf2936846a1848586d48344bf50f8f.jpg

GEM

Ah! I see our new line of WOOF propaganda indoctrination casual wear has hit the stores

Seriously though, looks great!

9 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

My Gawd, now they're infiltrating our clothing. Will anything stop W.O.O.F. from their evil plans?

No...no..nothing will stop us...NOTHING!!!!!!

MMMWHHHUUUHHHAAARRAAAHHHAAAAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Sounds like Federation technology to me. 

@Glitterwolf you gotta order one of these for if you ever make it to ReaperCon. 

The changes of anything coming from Mars me making it to Reapercon  are a million to one they say! very small.

I used to have a position that came with a few trips to the USA ( I have been to Arizona three times for longer periods) but in my current position my good King will not pay for it.

If I wanted to come I could afford it, but I feel bad about going alone on such a trip and my girl would either be alone ( she won't like that) or I would have to take her with me to the Con ( which she wouldn't like either).

Aside from that, the very few Cons I have been to were nice, but I won't even drive more than one hour for one.

I guess I like looking at minis and such but I rarely participate in games.

It would be nice to meet you guys in person one day though. But unless I transfer to another position or can tag along with some manoeuvres during the time of the Con , it will probably not happen.

Last year I turned down a position that would have meant many, many trips to the USA.

That in itself was cool, but there were too many things I didn't like about the position after all.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8