Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowing here. Should go home, but holding off to see if I get a telephone interview. Was suppose to happen ...

... and in the middle of writing that, the interview occurred. An okay vibe, but I don’t think I will be offered the position 

• Like 8

We're skirting the bottom edge of the snowstorm. For the last few days the forecast has been bouncing back and forth between being just rain and a few flurries to 3-4 inches of snow. I'll take the rain and flurries, Alex.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

We're forecast to bounce between snow, freezing rain, rain (heavy), sleet, snow again, then a 30 degree drop into everything turning to solid ice.

I plan to hide indoors and make stew.

Right now our forecast is rain tomorrow, then Sunday it turns to snow, then Monday we get the 20 degree drop that freezes everything. Then on Tuesday it jumps back up into the 40's. Yesterday the forecast was similar, but with Sunday also being rain.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Snowing here. Should go home, but holding off to see if I get a telephone interview. Was suppose to happen ...

... and in the middle of writing that, the interview occurred. An okay vibe, but I don’t think I will be offered the position 

Fingers crossed!

We're supposed to get some snow, then rain, then bitter cold... Should be fun.

And by fun, I mean icy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I survived my meeting! I have advisers for world domination! 

But do they know that is your ultimate goal, or do they think they are on board for a" mere" PhD?

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Additional input.
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

But do they know that is your ultimate goal, or do they think they are on board for a" mere" PhD?

GEM

My main adviser knows, although he may think that I was being sarcastic. The others were briefly made aware. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10