Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 minute ago, Unruly said:

I'm finding that I don't want to paint my giant anymore because I've done all the easy stuff, and now I'm down the hard stuff that when I try to paint it tends to mess up the easy stuff. Also, Badger's metallic paints, or at least my Gun Alloy, shot through my airbrush like they were straight water. It caught me off guard, and I put way too much down and accidentally hit parts even beyond where I had used blue tack to mask. It made it hard to lay a thin coat down and make multiple passes, because it kept pooling.

It also didn't help that I had apparently partially unseated my needle, so it was spraying more than I wanted it to spray at all times. But even taking that into account it shouldn't have sprayed that much if it was like their other airbrush paints.

It does look pretty and shiny, though, even if it is on their a bit heavily. One of these days I'm gonna get some Alclad II chrome and see just how shiny I can get something to look...

See, that sounds like an excuse to paint a really shiny metallic dragon.

• Like 10
  • Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

See, that sounds like an excuse to paint a really shiny metallic dragon.

When I finally buy T'Raukzul my plan is to paint him as a silver dragon and use him as an avatar of Bahamut.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Unruly said:

When I finally buy T'Raukzul my plan is to paint him as a silver dragon and use him as an avatar of Bahamut.

That's kinda what I had in mind when I got him on KS, I just have such a massive queue in front of him...

• Like 4

Wow, I thought for sure y'all would have finished this up by the time I woke up...

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

We're forecast to bounce between snow, freezing rain, rain (heavy), sleet, snow again, then a 30 degree drop into everything turning to solid ice.

I plan to hide indoors and make stew.

I read that as "heavy feet" for the briefest of seconds, and boy let me tell you, that was an amusing image! :lol:

• Haha 6
Just now, Corsair said:

Does a thread automatically die at 1,000 posts?

They're usually killed off at around 1000 pages.  This thread would have been done ages ago if it was only 1k posts... ^_^

That was a long day at work, but I got most of my deliveries done..  Wasn't fun fighting traction control (and ice) all day, but I managed. ^_^;;;

Also, my coffee and Reaper orders still are on a shelf somewhere, but despite them assuring it would be redirected via FlexDelivery they apparently attempted to deliver my 1:56 scale Dictator B to the apartment today... On the plus side, tomorrow will be much warmer, but it also means having to walk/bus to the mall instead of quickly driving by on my way home from work.  Sure want my coffee though, it's been sitting on a shelf for ten days..... (and I've had to spend like... $40 in other coffee that isn't the coffee I ordered as emergency reserves...) 

Beyond all that, apparently that biiiiiig snowstorm hitting everyone.... Is going to miss us.  Love that almost the entire Canadian shield is getting hit, but Alberta apparently isn't getting this storm - so we'll get the huuuuuge one that hits next month I suspect. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I might make banana bread for game tomorrow. I'm cleaning out the fridge and freezer, this will get rid of the eggs, the walnuts, and the old bananas...

People in my house keep eating the bananas before I can let them get old enough to throw in the freezer...

Suffering from a banana bread defect here!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3