Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Those fiends!

Luckily, I just recalled that the gas station (who, strangely, has the best price on bananas) sells their brown ones for a pittance.. Might have to go jump start the freezer stock later.. 

• Like 5
Just now, eldamir said:

Luckily, I just recalled that the gas station (who, strangely, has the best price on bananas) sells their brown ones for a pittance.. Might have to go jump start the freezer stock later.. 

Need to test a representative sample first. For quality. Yes.

Banana bread for science ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

My fridge sounds like I need to pop the hood and smack the carburetor with a wrench.

Umm... If your fridge has a carburetor, that might be a problem in and of itself.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

Is that why Physics professors wear eyepatches? THey looked into the laser?

Well... at least one person in the physics lab in CO did that while I was there. Despite the laser warning signs I installed in the building. 

It was my master's adviser who had issues with the x-ray diffraction stuff. Not the eye, but he had to get some skin issues removed on his face because 40 years ago he got zapped by a super strong x-ray. Whoops.

35 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I dunno, when I worked for the Journal of Physical Chemistry I had no problem with people assuming I had a PhD. I merely worked for the editor, though, so I had no real power. Only the power to read people's articles before they were accepted for publication! Bwahahahahaaa :devil:

Current group has the top two editors for a geology journal. One of them is my adviser, who tackles the science side. The one who tackles everything has her bachelor's only in geology, but is an amazingly nitpicky writer. She will make every sentence perfect. She is our cat herder. She is our master. Degree level be darned, she is the queen that makes the prospective authors quiver in fear and awe. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Need to test a representative sample first. For quality. Yes.

Banana bread for science ::P:

You need to make sure that you have a broad testing pool.

*raises hand to volunteer*

• Haha 4