Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

16 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Sounds like some lessons have been learned.

Do you keep any kind of notebook on these learning experiences?

Remember , experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

GEM

One of the things I learned is that I need to be better about keeping a notebook. Because I couldn't remember what colors I mixed together to get the base color of the loincloth, and so I couldn't replicate it for a part of the loincloth that I didn't paint that day. Which was part of the reason I started thinking of giving up. But I ended up ruining him today, because I got into a rush since I wanted him done for Sunday. Well, now he's "done" but he's not done well. Which means he's going into the bath and I'm starting from scratch sometime in the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Hey! ::P:

My hats have never attracted flying houses. Of course, I know not to fly in bad weather :ph34r:

Yes but even one tiny scuff on a shoe will reduce the attractive power several orders of magnitude.

Something about needing a perfect reflective surface of the correct shape for the magical flux to beam off of.

GEM

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:
53 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Need to test a representative sample first. For quality. Yes.

Banana bread for science ::P:

You need to make sure that you have a broad testing pool.

*raises hand to volunteer*

41 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I will also volunteer for the good of humanity. :nod:

FeedRA.png.bd353c209787b640169ac3470dc1caa9.png

:poke:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

One of the things I learned is that I need to be better about keeping a notebook. Because I couldn't remember what colors I mixed together to get the base color of the loincloth, and so I couldn't replicate it for a part of the loincloth that I didn't paint that day. Which was part of the reason I started thinking of giving up. But I ended up ruining him today, because I got into a rush since I wanted him done for Sunday. Well, now he's "done" but he's not done well. Which means he's going into the bath and I'm starting from scratch sometime in the future.

I also fall into the category of not keeping records for custom paint formulations.

Part of it is due to being exposed early on to the wonders of mixing paint to come up with something different.

My father outfitted me with a set of sign painters half pint cans of the basic colors in oil base when I first started building plastic model kits.  I was always mixing colors on the fly and I've never gotten out of the habit.  Sometimes it works out well, others call for a "do over".

GEM

• Like 4