Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

ECADA073-A489-4B25-9337-747B2D34D775.jpeg.e6a3a45ede793f35a849f064dda5eea8.jpeg0EDC604A-37E6-4B60-9614-5FB7C72AB096.jpeg.53e9c6b8c81bbc9e7b0a6cf4c516eafa.jpegA9451C49-92F5-43C6-B67E-ECAF60E15339.jpeg.d7e1fd6d9a04b769ffc17bb535fea4b8.jpeg

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

15787A70-182B-452A-97B3-B37F3BFAE673.jpeg.0b630d95eb4214b7569c065a6ab53908.jpeg

Comments and critiques appreciated!

Edited by Sophie was taken
Cant spell names
  • Like 20
35 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Nice, but probably unwise of Miss Strumpet to be giving him the finger...

It is never wise  to be in an elevator with a guy who's 3 heads bigger and armed with a gun and then start the conversation saying: "you look like broccoli."

But apart from that - is she giving him the finger? For me that looks more like she is adressing someone else going "that was not very nice of you. Come here and be sorry."

I really like the gorilla. Good work!

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

It is never wise  to be in an elevator with a guy who's 3 heads bigger and armed with a gun and then start the conversation saying: "you look like broccoli."

But apart from that - is she giving him the finger? For me that looks more like she is adressing someone else going "that was not very nice of you. Come here and be sorry."

I really like the gorilla. Good work!

Exactly!

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.