I don't play the game, but, always thought Terminators were good looking models.  Your model is just beyond cool.  Nicely done!  I look forward to seeing this all painted up.  Well done on getting the pose the same as the painting, also.  

Thanks guys!

55SOgYG.png

First thing I decided to tackle was the head. If you're wondering where it's from, it's actually a (recast) of the Kingdom Death limited Thief mini. Honestly a bit big, and the expression is... not especially appropriate, but my go-to source of conversion heads is currently out of stock and if I wait to get this finished it'll never get done. The lower edge of the terminator armor will block the bottom half of her face, so I think it's fine.

Of course, the anime-esque size of the eyes means she looks like a teenager in terminator armor... but whatever. If it really really bugs me I can yank it out and put in a new head.

BGOJbo1.png

Forgot to take pics both times, but the arms are only friction fit on styrene pegs right now to give me access to the torso and right thigh. When I'm done painting they'll be superglued into place.

I forgot this is a styrene model, not Bonesium, so I can happily use enamel metallic paints without fear of curing problems. I love enamel gloss metallics whenever I can use them, they just have this amazing shine that no acrylic paint I've seen matches. So base coats of some colors and most of the enamels because they take forever to dry.

(yes, that is Celestine in the back there)

Edited by djizomdjinn
  • Like 11

I actually kind of love the idea of a teenage girl in terminator armor!!

Seems like something right out of an anime! :lol:

• Haha 1

z0oI9ZS.png

If I ever do a Sisters army, it will not be Order of Our Martyred Lady. The shine of the metallics is absolutely killing the subtle shading I can do on the black armor.

Also downside to enamels: Since they have a tendency to wreck brushes, I never use my good brushes on them...

Anyways. clean up, some heat staining on the heavy flamer with blue, purple, and red glazes, some messy freehand. You can also see how I decided to do the braziers / exhausts in the end; I'm not really sure how to sculpt a properly 3d brazier that small. Something for wiser men than I. (probably digital sculpting)

Somewhat goofy proportions (tiny lower body and generally horizontally stretched), but that's Terminators for you. If I decided to revisit this idea, 54mm might be nice.

• Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this