What a way to introduce yourself!

I love it!

glitter-makes-better.jpg.ae4bc54122790da2d93f83ee4335d2bc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome!

This is really cool!

Yes, share more!  Not only will you get great advice from some great painters but we might be able to steal some of your ideas and techniques so we can all get better. ::D:  (I should post more of my work as well) 

If you've looked around this forum at all you know that everyone is very kind but also offer great C&C.

Did you use the Liquitex Iridescent medium for that?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EvilJames said:

My God! It's full of stars!

...I mean that's really cool looking and a very neat idea.

I love that movie!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Welcome!

This is really cool!

Yes, share more!  Not only will you get great advice from some great painters but we might be able to steal some of your ideas and techniques so we can all get better. ::D:  (I should post more of my work as well) 

If you've looked around this forum at all you know that everyone is very kind but also offer great C&C.

Did you use the Liquitex Iridescent medium for that?

Haha thanks so much!!  I used a couple different paints with matte medium for blending and galaxy work. For the glittery effect, I use super fine high quality glitter and "paint" it on, using different values of color, darker tones for shadowy areas, brighter for highlighted areas. I use a thinned down pva glue and brush it just where I want it and also almost using a wet blending technique with how I lay the glitter it makes it super iridescent looking!  Then sealant spray over the top to keep the glitter from moving lol 
I should definitely check out this iridescent medium though! 

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome to the Forum!

GLITTERDRAGON :wub:

What a way to introduce yourself!

I love it!

glitter-makes-better.jpg.ae4bc54122790da2d93f83ee4335d2bc.jpg

Thank you!!! I LOVE Glitter, slight obsession! haha

Edited by MissNiki
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, robsontpm said:

That's extremely interesting approach! I like this feel of "I-am-universe"-style creature (a dragon-god?).

Haha thanks so much!  It was super fun to create!! 

I already commented, but I like to add

The underside of the wings look like a galaxy this way.

This is a very useful thing!

Awesome ( again)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I already commented, but I like to add

The underside of the wings look like a galaxy this way.

This is a very useful thing!

Awesome ( again)

Comment all you like! lol

The glitter totally helped the galaxy effect!!

I did paint it all galaxy before the glitter, here are some shots Pre-Glitter! 

Thank you!

23722520_10155092703211659_1215844691232585635_n.jpg

23658355_10155092703146659_5294394509896193240_n.jpg

23622131_10155092703061659_755456585167666157_n.jpg

23621695_10155092703101659_2346768779274609926_n.jpg

• Like 9

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this