D&D moment I'd love to see ... 

DM: ok group, as you cross the bridge you hear the woosh of giant wings and a glitter dragon lands in front of you ...

Barbarian: Hahaha ha ...

Wizard leader: A what ?

Paladin: Ha, I ready my sword! 

Thief:  I meld into the shadows ... 

Cleric: Can gltter be evil ? 

Barbarian: Hahaha , I throw my +2 Axe at the wimp ... 

DM set Glitter Dragon on table ... followed by several jaws hitting table, the cleric starts crying , the thief finds out, their is no shadows in the land of glitter, the barbarian pees himself , the paladin is dumbstruck ... add one more party wipe to the books ...

Fear the Glitter ...

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Citrine said:

Those wings are awesome!  Welcome to the boards!

Thank you, thank you! 

2 hours ago, Boaz said:

D&D moment I'd love to see ... 

DM: ok group, as you cross the bridge you hear the woosh of giant wings and a glitter dragon lands in front of you ...

Barbarian: Hahaha ha ...

Wizard leader: A what ?

Paladin: Ha, I ready my sword! 

Thief:  I meld into the shadows ... 

Cleric: Can gltter be evil ? 

Barbarian: Hahaha , I throw my +2 Axe at the wimp ... 

DM set Glitter Dragon on table ... followed by several jaws hitting table, the cleric starts crying , the thief finds out, their is no shadows in the land of glitter, the barbarian pees himself , the paladin is dumbstruck ... add one more party wipe to the books ...

Fear the Glitter ...

OMG that is too funny! I could see this encounter going so many different ways haha! 

• Like 2

That is an amazing way to introduce yourself; the painting is very nicely done, and the glitter adds a special touch to it. That was an excellent idea!:winkthumbs:

Welcome to the forums, please show off more of your cool paint jobs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2018 at 11:23 AM, Chaoswolf said:

That is an amazing way to introduce yourself; the painting is very nicely done, and the glitter adds a special touch to it. That was an excellent idea!:winkthumbs:

Welcome to the forums, please show off more of your cool paint jobs.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:37 PM, Schirf said:

Wow! That galaxy work!!!

On 4/23/2018 at 2:16 AM, Glamberry said:

Welcome to the boards! Fantastic first entry! I'm sure we all hope to see more soon! :D

Thank you all so much!! It was so much fun to paint! I can't seem to do anything "normal" haha! And I just LOVE Galaxy painting, it usually involves a pair of Chucks and The Tardis, but I am happy that I branched out to minis!! 

Can't wait to share some more models I have painted!! 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MechJunkie
      I backed the Bones 5 kickstarter and was informed that my wave (8) will be shipped out sometime in April. Do I have an option when it comes to how it will be shipped to me?
      I am having difficulty with mail at the moment. My monthly Reaper mini order was stolen last November and I have been wary about receiving packages at my address since. If the kickstarter package can be delivered via UPS, I can have it held at a contact point. If not, I'll have to put in a Hold Mail request to my local USPS, get a PO box or hope that I'm home when the package arrives. I live in an apartment building with no security and no one I can trust to leave my packages with. I have considered getting my mail delivered to my workplace, but would rather not get them involved. 

Anyone else have any problems receiving their mail and what kind of solutions can you offer. 
    • By R2ED
      Goblin Menace indeed!  I was doing fine with the other group of goblins I did 2 weeks ago, but these little green bast...guys were not as fun.  

Wins:
      * Found an EXCELLENT new paintbrush - Master's Touch from Hobby Lobby.  Dang! I've been missing this level of spring in the bristles and fine edge with them.  Love it. 
      * Tried diluting steel color with black ink to help with application.  Worked great!  Will do again.
      * Switched the Sta-Wet Palette paper that came with it to just simple parchment paper.  I don't know who uses the actual paper in the Sta-Wet Palette, but that stuff is terrible!  
      * Still using as much breast cancer awareness color pink (got like 4 bottles...need to use!)
      * dry brushing the hair came out much better this time.  Lighter touch and more layers - worked better.

Misses:
      * Eyes this time were more difficult.  Tried doing those chibi eyes, but it wasn't as expressive this time.  
      * Tried a base color of off-white in the eye - also didn't seem to give as much character to them.
      * Washed with Agrax Earthshade around the major bends and muscles.  Didn't seem to work as well this time.  I think it's time to try that black lining on the next goblin and see if Iike that instead.
      * using the new brushes have a bit of a learning curve to them.  Much more springy and reduced my need for pressure, however this caused some interesting streaks when I didn't mean to.  
      * I did it again! I tried using my finger to dab off an excess streak and ended up taking off some of the baselayer AND primer.  With that being the second time it's happened - the best way I can describe what I did was the scene in Top Gun where the flight tower Captain gets a second fly-by.  

Overall the color of Goblin skin still works great, but basecoat of VCG Flat Green may not have been best.  May just add black to Goblin Skin and then lighten it up as I go next time.  

Attempted different primers on them:
      Girl with spear - primed in black with Vallejo Black spray primer
      Chainmail goblin - primed in Vallejo Leather Brown spray primer (didn't like that as much...)
      Stone chuckers - both of them were done in paint-on Vallejo grey primer.  (worked best)

Overall, they aren't bad, but they aren't my best.  Once I base them I'll feel better.  Might even go back after a few days to touch them up to see if I can straighten out the things I missed.

As always - open to feedback.  Thanks for the tips on the Metallics thread.  I put it to use, but still learning.

• By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263291121/titancraft-customizable-boss-monsters?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-4

NOTE: You can choose one demo monster ( skull or abberattion) I chose a batwinged skull and added horns to try it.
    • By Kuroneko
      A long time ago, in March 2019 to be exact, @NomadZeke set a painting challenge for that years April Fools Day. Paint something ridiculous.......20 months later I finally finished my entry for it He's based on a Pathfinder Huge pawn holder for ease of use in games.

I absolutely adore this mini, in my opinion it's the best Huge sized dragons on the market and one of Julie Guthrie's most stunning sculpts 

I humbly present to you, Kyphrixis the multi-hued Rainbow Dragon!

Hope y'all like him, as always all comments and criticisms are happily received
    • By MoonglowMinis
      The flickering glow of the torchlight illuminates the dusty, hieroglyphic-covered walls of the forgotten tomb.  Moonglow clings to his hat as he carefully scans for signs of the hidden entrance.  A small indentation betrays the location of a door in the stone wall.  Carefully, the adventurer pushes his way through.

The room is barren and dark, except for a single pillar of light shining down upon a small pedestal.  On top sits a small box.

Moonglow carefully crosses the chamber and approaches the box.  He lifts the lid and peers inside.

"Ah, there's my old minis!"

Who's Your Mummy?

Today I felt like sharing some more of my older work that hasn't been posted on the forums yet.  This time it's the Bones mummies that are getting the spotlight.

These mummies were one of my first large painting projects.  It seemed impressive at the time to be working on 8 things simultaneously.  They're a bit dusty from all the drybrushing, but I think they look the part, and I'm a fan of the red-gold color scheme I settled on.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

These were a fun little set and were perfect adversaries when my players visited the City of Time and sought to stop a Lich's return to power.  After failing once an resetting the clock, they had to fight their way through a mummy-filled temple complete with crawling claws and sand-filling rooms to stop the Mummy Lord from returning to his former Lich status.

What's your favorite mummy encounter?
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)