Sign in to follow this  
Mattnuke

Resized giants

First of all, let me start out by thanking you guys for resculpting the older bones fire giants so that they are more in line with a certain ‘oldest RPG’s current edition.  Those coupled with the new Frost, Hill, and Fire giants from Bones 3 and 4 puts the giants off to a good start.

I do have two questions, though.  First, what is the size of the new stone giants from Bones 4. Will they scale nicely with the other ‘big’ giants in the bones range?  I have the current bones stone giant, and he’s a bit on the small side. 

Second, is there any plans to resculpt and rerelease #77162, Yephima and #7763, male storm giant, so that they tower above their lesser giant kin (I’m talking somewhere in the 4.5-5” range)?

• Like 7

On 01/09/2017 at 12:49 PM, Sirithiliel said:

From Ron in the update comments

" I wouldn't categorize the Stone Giants as dinky. They're about 90mm tall, give or take a mm or 2. It's difficult to perfectly scale concept art, digital sculpts, and actual in-hand models together but we do the best we can to accurately portray the sizes."

Personally I'm not a fan of the way 5e resized the giants.  It might be nice to have bigger cloud and storm giants, but I prefer my stone and hill giants to remain large rather than huge.

• Like 1