Sign in to follow this  
MissNiki

Reaper Bones Familiars Fairy Treant Ragdoll

These mini's are sooooo tiny! AND adorable!! 

I did have some trouble really picking out details on the Fairy and the one I am referring to as "Ragdoll". The soft edges were a little confusing at first and the way the Fairy's body is positioned, it was hard to tell what was leg or clothing! lol But I looked on google to get some reference from others that had already tackled these. That was super helpful! 

After that I had painted these 3 up and set em aside for a while and worked on other things, not really sure what I wanted to do with them.

Then a couple weeks ago I went on a Youtube binge watching soooo mannny videos about basing and came up with some cool ideas! (Stay tuned for more on that!) 

While cleaning up my bulletin board, a pushpin broke. The metal part, right off. I almost tossed it out, but I have a problem holding onto anything that might be useful later lol. But then I immediately imagined it as a spool of thread. *sketch idea, hold for later* Then I just had to figure out what mini to use and my husband suggested the ragdoll, I mean she is stitched together so ya! 

Then I did the Treant, those yellow bits on his base are foraged pieces of the invasive plant Virginia Creeper. We have some growing on our shed and as I was clearing it away I noticed how cool the little feets from their vines they use to climb look, so I snipped a ton of em, dried em out and hold onto them for neat terrain. These ones I chose to paint this yellow tone to accent the tree, without taking away or distracting from it! 

Lastly, was the fairy, I just felt her jamming out on top of a little pile of rocks would be cute lol. So I used cork as stone and little bits of clump foliage and some other cork stone and flock to decorate.

Thanks for looking everyone! C&C always welcome! 

Starred Photos-002.jpg

Starred Photos-001.jpg

Starred Photos.jpg

• Like 20

Great job on these tiny minis!

Look at the "Painting and Advice" section, there are many tips about basing/painting etc.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NecroMancer said:

Those are great little bases!  I really love the fairy wings!

Thanks! I love making bases, it might be a problem. lol

Oh, and I had totally not even realized how sculpted the wings were until I stopped working on the front haha!  I asked my daughter for advice on what colors to use, so I guess she made some good choices!  lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Chris Palmer said:

Beautiful work!  

And I love the little spool on the base.   ::):

Thanks!! It was like an ah-ha moment, Now I need to make more with a bigger scene lol! 

• Like 1