D&D miniature Aspect of Lolth-repaint Archfiends #46

MissNiki

So guys. I repainted an old D&D mini, in the process learning that it is kinda rare I guess lol..oops! She looks pretty badass if I say so myself! 

But yeah! This sculpt is awesome and was super fun to paint.

My husband runs a couple D&D games, I play in one every other week that is a MONSTER campaign and it is so fun! So in honor of tonight's game night, I wanted to share her! 

I play a Ranger Drider, this is her!  (My other party members are a Rogue Gargoyle, Swashbuckler Rogue Mindflayer and a Cleric Shield Guardian, I can post those minis too, if ya'll like) 

I used some mystery reaper samples for some base coats and Folkart brand Coloshift paints for accent and omg, this stuff is awesome. I can get it for about $4 a bottle (2 oz bottles) here in Central NY. It is really cool to work with and semi translucent so I was able to layer and manipulate the tones. I wish I could really capture the scintillating nature of these paints! 

Hope you love her as much as I do and no one hates me for repainting an old classic, hard to find mini! lol

Thanks!  C&C welcome! 

Starred Photos-011.jpg

minis april-073.JPG

minis april-072.JPG

minis april-071.JPG

minis april-070.JPG

minis april-069.JPG

• Like 22

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MissNiki said:

Thank you! I fell in love with metallic paints just a couple years ago and can't get enough! lol

If you love metallics, and you haven't done so already, (and can afford them: $4-$5 each) get yourself a couple bottles of Folk Art Colorshift paint to play with. (Available at most large chain craft stores). They're really cool shimmery metallics.   I have a couple and have been enjoying testing them out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris Palmer said:

If you love metallics, and you haven't done so already, (and can afford them: $4-$5 each) get yourself a couple bottles of Folk Art Colorshift paint to play with. (Available at most large chain craft stores). They're really cool shimmery metallics.   I have a couple and have been enjoying testing them out.

So, I LOVE those paints, that is what I have used here! ( check out my 3rd paragraph in main post)  I am happy to see others have discovered them too!!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MissNiki said:

So, I LOVE those paints, that is what I have used here! ( check out my 3rd paragraph in main post)  I am happy to see others have discovered them too!!! 

Lol...  Sorry, I was so distracted by the pretty pictures that I totally forgot to read the text.  ::P:

Anyway, glad you know about them, and have put them to such good use!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1