DSM 1310 - 2008 Elmore Demoness by Cyr

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Individual colors of Tanned Skin and Highlight are fine, perhaps also as options for leather. The shadow is almost identical to the base though. Honestly, it is probably the only Reaper paint I can say I'm disappointed with. 

Odd that you say this, I’ve found the shadow to be nice and deep but the base and highlight colors to be nearly identical. At least, I think I used them straight from the bottle...

Time to experiment, I guess. And add the Olive Skin triad to The List.

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Base coated her hair in Red Brick. Need to do that before a lot of other stuff. Will wash with black of some sort, then start highlighting as brunette. 

20180423_205713.jpg

Looking good! Not sad anymore, and almost...wicked? Didn’t realize Red Brick was so purple.

• Like 8

You might be right about the Tan base and highlight. It has been a while since I used them. 

Yep! Red Brick is quite purple, especially thinned. The medium on it is blue, so it separates blue-red. Thicker applications are more maroon and brickish, but as you pointed out, the thinner layers are super distinctly purple. I'm going to try to paint the hair to be not-purple overall, but I think that highlighting up brown as *just* brown would be boring, so this gets to be the base instead. I also notice a wee bit of skin tone on the hair by her cheek - gotta touch that up, whoops. 

For reference, her lips are the whole triad. Brick Red, Deep Red, and I think Blood Red. They get progressively more red as they get brighter. 

Glad you think her expression is getting "wicked"! She is a demoness after all :devil:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The hair had very little contrast before, and the curls need emphasizing. The Intense Brown is first major bunch of highlights, but there will be probably 2-3 rounds of smaller and smaller highlights to show off the curls. If the highlights get unruly, I glaze them with Red Brick again. 

• Like 1

As long as you said your experimenting with your olive skin triads, may I suggest you try mixing in some orange at least into your mid-tones, see if you like, at least on your palette. Really didn't get the feel for your skin or see until your last post otherwise would of mentioned a little earlier.

• Like 2

The wings will have some more distinct purple. The purple is actually still in the hair, but not as a highlight. Red Brick (very purple) is the shadow color, and Nightshade purple is the wash color. I'm not going for a cartoonish style, so I don't want the hair to be purple dominant though, so I used Intense Brown as the first highlight, then added Blonde Hair to the Intense Brown for further highlights. Previously, it has no contrast within itself; now it does. 

Kazmania, I may see about a small bit of orange tones in there. Unless I'm using the Golden and Bronzed triads as my bases, I veer more towards red/purples usually. The purple that was in her hair (Red Brick) is also in the shadows of her skin, although I found it somewhat overpowering in most regions so I scaled it back. Would you think the Bronzed Skin may go well with the mid-tones to brighten it up a bit? 

For reference, I only just started shading on most of her body; basic shading only so far. 

• Like 2