Jay

Cthuhu Idol

I nicknamed him "Billy"

Billy.thumb.jpg.f5bdcbe3268c9ff89860d42a35895866.jpg

I lined the elder sign then painted a thin wash over it trying to get a good glow effect.

I thought it came out well. It really needs more contrast though.

It was solid white when I started so I can't complain too much!

• Like 17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      A wonderful piece of pulp adventure terrain, suitable for the Serpent Men of Valusia, the Yuan-Ti or Lizardfolk, or any game with dinosaur cults or a reptilian civilization. @Glitterwolf might find this useful--and it's a very painter-friendly sculpt.  

For scale, we have a 28mm Kirangozi and a 32mm safari explorer. 

• By Chris Palmer
      I was impressed with some of the Homer Statues that have been shown on these forums not too long ago, so when I saw these figures in my local Dollar Tree I thought they too might be ideal fodder for a couple idols to the doughnut and beer god.

The figures easily popped of their bases, and then I glued them to some scraps of insulation foam cut into rough-hewn pedestal shapes, and then to some MDF bases.

My plan now is to paint the foam, and then spray on a little stone texture spray paint.

• By Werewolvians
      This is a work in progress because I have the whole diorama. But the statue itself is really cool dungeon décor.

• By terminalmancer
      These guys were my first attempts at painting wood grain. Could have gone a little better, but practice makes perfect! (Also: I need a steadier hand.)

The general effect I was aiming for was "carved wood painted in thin paint by primitive tribe" so I tried to keep the wood grain a tiny bit visible through the paint of the masks.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)