Hi all!

Just recently finished painting my first Ral Partha figure: a heavy-armored warrior and a pretty dragon! :wub:

20180425_204124.thumb.jpg.08c8f598fba3f3695e0186346e55b66e.jpg

Getting the pieces to fit together was a bit of a hassle (maybe it was a bad mould?), but after I got that sorted out I decided to go to with a classic blue dragon look.

20180425_203505.thumb.jpg.45b832da267bec44c5f2435f218282a2.jpg

Look at those chompers!!!

20180425_203433.thumb.jpg.f7a2cb5ccb96a8fbbb71cf56515d6d47.jpg

20180425_203522.thumb.jpg.ca7f9bfcbc649b4906c0afba59b32698.jpg

20180425_203707.thumb.jpg.8cfa87d2cfb27fd180ea172c2822d4ef.jpg

Used MSP Dragon Blue (29815) for the scales and wings, Sparkling Blue (09104) for the plate scales on the spine, and a mix of the Blonde Triad for the belly scales, horns, and wings.

20180425_203645.thumb.jpg.2af8e7ad4d012dae695d882fa2341be5.jpg

20180425_203522.thumb.jpg.ca7f9bfcbc649b4906c0afba59b32698.jpg

20180425_203246.thumb.jpg.07cc8951f4448ea3783109346cb73441.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this one. Certainly earned a display place on my desk.

20180425_203613.thumb.jpg.aa0dcd95aa14c4aadf1600cf9723af12.jpg

• Like 20

16 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Very nicely done! I've never seen this figure before. I'm guessing Bob Olley?

Thanks very much! ::):

Just checked the box: It is indeed sculpted by Robert Olley!

• Like 1

cool! I think the blues are great for a chaos lord's dragon.

Man, kudos for digging up an Olley sculpt Ive never seen, either.

Edited by vulture
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, EldritchEladrin said:

Thanks very much! ::):

Just checked the box: It is indeed sculpted by Robert Olley!

Thanks for confirming even though the style kind of gives it away! It's really interesting how many sculptors are so easily recognizable.

• Like 2

Fantastic work here!

It's always nice to see old school figures getting a cool paint job.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Private Chapman has been in stasis for 1,538 days and awake for two. Private Chapman is wondering where she is, when she is and what her mission is. Private Chapman is also pondering why she hasn't been issued desert pattern armour.

Private Chapman has just spotted something up ahead. Private Chapman's life expectancy is four minutes.

(Again, sorry about the photos which were taken on my phone.)

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all!
      So this is my first posting since we got a new computer, so hopefully I can get the images figured out and in the correct size, et cetera.

This one is my third of my swarthy skinned triad of Rap Partha figures sculpted by Dennis Mize.  This is a Sorceress with Wand, another old figure probably from around 1979 from Dennis Mize's Children of the Night series.

I had lots of "parts" to this little lady and I kept adding colors so hopefully she's not overly colorful.  The last thing I painted was the crystal on her wand, and couldn't figure out what color to use.  Eventually ended dup with reddish, magma'y or something similar.

And with these old smaller 25 mm figures, I think I'm going to start getting into the habit of having a comparison figure, with the infamous US quarter I keep on my desk:

So anyhow, that's the figure of the day for me, will be getting back to the old painting board to hatch up some more concoctions of color soon!
      Enjoy and Happy Father's Day to all you groovy guys lucky enough to procreate!
      Mark

• By 72moonglum
      So here is a small little mini that was sculpted way back in 1979, making the sculpt already 40 year old.  It was sculpted by Dennis Size in the old Partha Days and belonged to a game that Partha had produced called the Witch's Cauldron, which pitted adventurers against monsters.  I've never actually played the game some miniatures that I've painted actually came from this game. So here is the witch, to whom the cauldron belonged.  She is a small little figure and crouched down to make her even smaller.  The white hair has actually got some shades and washes in it, but you can't always see them in these photos. Anyhow, enjoy:

I'm reasonably pleased with her. I was kind of going for Drow but not Drow. I really like the "Dark Elf" triad for the Drow, but I've seen artwork that shows Drow skin almost more like dark, natural tones, so wanted to give a try for that, plus I'm also painting two other figures with the same skin tones that just flat out have a more African vibe. 

• By 72moonglum
      And here's another one I did at the same time as my little witch.

Also a really small figure, seated, and 25mm, sculpted too in 1979, part of Deniss Mize's series "Children of the Night". This little gentleman was originally in set called the "Voodoo Man Set", where he was a little voodoo witch doctor I think, and he had two voodoo zombies with him.

The biggest problem with this guy was his eyes.  He is so incredibly small that after I painted the whites of his eyes, I couldn't get an actual dot in there, so I ended up painting the whole eyeball blue. Not exactly what I wanted, but the eyes were also sculpted in such a way that they were very defined and you really couldn't get away with painting over them and still have them look okay.  So not too sure about how that came out but otherwise, not too disappointed.  I didn't really do much with the base, just glued him on, added some green stuff and painted over it.

And to give you guys an idea about this fellow's size (or lack thereof) a comparison shot with a quarter:

With him and his little buddy the witch. They got to know each other pretty well whilst sitting on my desk for a week.

• By NyarlaBcn
      If your adventurers ever see Fimbul Frostbite they'll definetely feel the winter coming. The mighty white dragon dracolich rules its frozen wastes with a (rotten) sharp claw and twisted magic!
      This is my rendition to the "zombie dragon" from Reaper Bones IV. Decided for a cold palette to take advantage from the link between death and ice that Game of Thrones so wisely stablished over eight seasons till its apotheosic... ehm. Well, till its peculiar end. 
      If anyone wants to visit my insta gallery I'll be honored ^^ its @albertnyarla

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)