Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile
I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:
The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??
HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!!
Painting this guy up for ex's husband for their new campaign...
Again, nothing much yet, but gotta keep track of colors....
He's been sitting on the shelf of shame for a while, and the skin was done with GW Tanned flash, but I am going over that with SC 75 Arabic Shadow..
eyes had been done at some point, so exact colors unknown...
check back another time to see progress....
I wanted to do a couple things with these guys. First, I wanted to see what I could accomplish in under 3 hours of work on a single mini. This included the prep, prime, and painting of each (though I didn't prime Sajan). And second, just play around with more Bones figures because, except for the bigger models, I admit to not being the biggest fan mostly due to the fuzzy details and cleaning the mold lines can be a pain on them. But I want to get to know them better because they're not going anywhere! And I have a lot of them now too.
Here's what I got out of it -
One, since I had a time constraint, I didn't obsess over getting every mold line smoothed out and I didn't do any green stuff patching and I just had to get over it, haha.
Two, the sculpt really matters. Sir Conlan was easier compared to the other two.
Three, I had to constantly remind myself not to hyper focus on little details as is my habit. An example would be faces. I spent about a half hour just on Alistrilee's face. (And these pictures don't do her justice, it looks way better in person, I think.)But that's part of the reason I wanted to try this - to see where I spend too much time and improve technique and habit along the way.
And four, I know things could go faster if I gave in to more drybrushing, but certain things never look quite complete to me when I do that.
Going to go back to hyper focusing on some of my other projects for now. But I'll definitely do this more often. Maybe a couple every other week or something like that.
Who's Online 26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)