Getting to Know You, May 2018

Morihalda

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Question from a friend: what is the purpose of having a slice of bread inside of a sandwich? 

Structural support? Pretending your sandwich is awesome enough to need the structural support? Wanting people to think your sandwich is so awesome it needs the structural support?

More likely that third one...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Question from a friend: what is the purpose of having a slice of bread inside of a sandwich? 

8 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Structural support? Pretending your sandwich is awesome enough to need the structural support? Wanting people to think your sandwich is so awesome it needs the structural support?

More likely that third one...

Also, to keep flavours separated until the glorious moment you bite into your creation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EldritchEladrin said:

Also, to keep flavours separated until the glorious moment you bite into your creation.

But don't those flavors get muted by the extra bread? Doesn't it make it tougher to shove in your face due to extra volume? 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

But don't those flavors get muted by the extra bread? Doesn't it make it tougher to shove in your face due to extra volume? 

Nope,

Club Sandwich for instance..

Three layers of bread, different meat/cheese/condiments between each layer.

Delicious when it all comes together.

image.png.f0b6d26a2239fc8439357bbfe96e36dd.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

But **why** does a club sandwich need that extra slice? No way I can fit a sammich that thick in my mouth. 

*** Insert Obama voice***

*** Yes you can!***

We eat these often, I make them myself.

And yes we can...squeeze and eat, they're not thicker than a burger.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

But **why** does a club sandwich need that extra slice? No way I can fit a sammich that thick in my mouth. 

Sound soinds like it is time for stretches.  Or go to the cyber doc to get an unhinged jaw.  Get the poison fangs too and they'll give you a 500 new yen discount.

Edited by Dilvish the Deliverer
fat thumbs and slow connection
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Insert Obama voice***

*** Yes you can!***

We eat these often, I make them myself.

And yes we can...squeeze and eat, they're not thicker than a burger.

I make thin burgers on purpose -_-

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

<redacted>

Insert bad joke here. No, I didn't say insert that there! Bad Crowley!

Just now, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Soumd like it time for has stretches.  Or go to the cyber doc to get an unhinged jaw.  Get the poison fangs too and they'll give you a 500 new yen discount.

No hinged jaw. Just a small mouth. I like the idea of poison fangs though. Would go well with my reputation as the Zombie Queen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

I am forced to concede that a taco is a sandwich, because falafel sandwiches are a wonderful thing. Crispy falafel, a generous smear of either hummus or baba ghanouj, fresh tomato and cilantro wrapped up in a warm pita. Now I'm hungry and broke till Friday :down:

I would categorize a falafel sandwich as being closer to a sub than a taco. You have the bread like pita wrap, which is nothing like a taco shell. 

18 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Origins are debated but it may have begun as a pair of sandwiches served on top of each other, a BLT and a chicken/ham combo served together.  Later an extra slice of bread was removed.  This was also back when sandwich bread was thin and ingredients layered neatly.  Not one of todays monstrosities with a fistful of meat wadded into a ball inside heavy "gourmet" bread with a thick crust. 

• Like 10