Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I recently bought some Greenstuffworld colourshift paints & eagerly wanting to try them out, I searched through my (huge) Bones backlog for a suitably metallic mini. I grabbed the fantastically ominious Iron Golem from the Bones 4 Stoneskull Expansion & got to work.

The blue areas are the colourshift paint, all the other areas are standard paints.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's not as easy to see the effect on these pics as it is with your own eyes but you can make it out. There's no shading or highlighting on these areas apart from some silver to pick out the rivets & sharp edges on the arm plates.

Thanks for looking!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Volturnos, a character from the Idoneth (or Sea Elf) faction in the Warhammer:- Age of Sigmar game by Games Workshop.

Not my best work, I struggled in quite a few places (particularly with the fish) so a lot of it has ended up being painted rather basically, even by my standards.
      But I did get it finished, so I'll count this as a partial victory.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Maledrakh
      This one has been standing around half-painted for a while. The rule 63 Drizzt Do'Urden from Bones 2.
      This model is quite nice from the front and back, but really flat from the side. Which is typical of originally made for single piece metal casting-minis.

Your panther has made a mess of my carpet! Come clean it up!

77217 Mi-Sher, female elf with scimitars
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Evilhalfling
      Edit: found her - oops elf, not a human.   I still dont know if she was from KS3 or 4. 

trying this new pattern, diamonds and dots.  She is shaded with a black glaze and highlighted from linen white to pure white.
      it still looks like the idea of a pattern rather than one on the cloth as I have no idea how to do the pattern across so many folds. 
      for a tapletop pattern it works, complicated enough to distract the eye from line width errors. 

She debuted it today's game as human Baroness Bethany. 
      Rumors say her husband left her for an elf woman.  and that he was in hiding, (from her) but she implied that he was dead.
      then she tried to poison the elven ambassador, so apparently still carrying a grudge.   When attacked directly by dinosaurs she fled for safety rather than display any fighting/magical abilities. 

• By Durham
      I was excited to be at Reapercon this year.  There was so much I learned! One thing was shading to make figures more realistic. This was the figure I used to learn on. The only thing is,  I wish I knew what figure it is - name and number. I'm trying to keep a log of colors used for figures. Anyway,  I'm going to work on this next when I finish Benedikt

• Who's Online   40 Members, 4 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)