A DaughterOfCheese abandoned the painting of this model, so it ended up in the Simple Green for awhile and I decided that her beautiful dress would look better with tentacles protruding from beneath it. Beautiful, sickly devil-flesh striding across a hellscape while she peels back her hood to reveal sinister horns. And it does get cold in hell, so don't forget your scarf.

Or anyway, that was the plan.  It turns out that her color made her difficult to photograph.

The tentacles are formed around unwound paperclips, which were easy to twist into the right shape, but the flesh I added (green stuff, some clay, etc) was difficult to get to the right proportion without making it fall off.

I'm new to this whole "modding" thing, so I'd LOVE feedback on it. :-)

IMG_8656.resized.thumb.png.719073850cea8c070e6f2ea8a78b0247.pngIMG_8659.resized.thumb.png.9de45ee1c14e12f9053b38269fd0ce0c.pngIMG_8657.resized.thumb.png.d7ace2cbd0e23cad15fdb6fe6575c904.pngIMG_8658.resized.thumb.png.f452eab96c46ca8799278b6e514e2294.png

IMG_8660.resized.png

• Like 17

Very neat idea, and you did a good job with it.

About the tentacles---good idea using the paperclips as an armature.:winkthumbs:

Sometimes it's easier to build up several thinner layers of GS to get the bulk you want than to try to do it all at once. I have the same issues; I want my idea to be done and look cool NOW, when it would really be better to slow down and take my time. Sometimes, slow is fast.

• Like 3

Experimenting is part of expanding your range ... great start ... if you want something thicker and stiffer than a paperclip but still workable check out 16, 14 or 12 gage SOLID wire not the braided stuff ... 16 should work but 14 thicker and 12 more so ... being solid it will hold form and hold a solid shape for clay/green stuff ... similar to what the sculpters use but chraper.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      This is Tiriel from Hasslefree Miniatures that I painted in TMM. She was a much needed fun figure to help keep my motivation going as I work on other larger projects as I tend to loose focus if I work on something too long with out finishing. 

• By Darcstaar
      Since I’m wrapping up Deladrin, here is the next in the queue.  Devona, Female Wizard.  She’s a curious wizard with plate mail leggings, a chain mail skirt, and a staff that looks more like a spear.  Also, is her torso adorned with a breastplate?  Or is it part of her dress?  And what’s up with the scalloped things on her back?

Not sure what I’m going to do with her.  I hope you enjoy the process of discovery tagging along with me.  The one thing I have decided is to try to give her more of an East Indian skin tone.

• By Maledrakh
      #72: Female Devil or Succubus

Full Frontal

Frontal from a slight angle

The classic side-boob shot

Aha! This shot has a strategically placed arm! No link needed! Take that censorshippers!

The bedeviled subset. From the front.

#71 Female Devil from the Bedeviled subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      32mm base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.

• By GodOfCheese
      This mini took forever to paint.  Not really because anything I did with him was all that challenging, but because once I did one thing I realized that more stuff was needed.  I couldn't figure out why the demon was holding a rock, so I decided it must be a spell effect.  I liked the crackly rocks of the base, but decided it must be cooling magma.  Then I decided that his base wasn't stable enough for his huge wingedness (the mini is metal and thus VERY top-heavy), so I extended it.  Then I dithered about whether to just paint the lava or apply a resin of some kind.  And on and on and on.

Eventually I forced myself to be done.  Here he is :-)
      C&C appreciated as I've definitely never done this many techniques with one mini.  :-D

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)