• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Been working on a series of monster hunters from the Early Modern Era, and of course that means we need early modern monsters!

The Vampire, of course, is one of the most versatile classics. Polidori, the "Varney" authors, LeFanu, and Stoker popularized the concept and promoted the bloated varcolac or shambling nach-zerer to the aristocracy. The variety is almost infinite, but nowadays we expect them to be parasitic, narcissistic, obsessive, entitled, compelling, rule-bound, and of course, literally blood-thirsty. 

Here's one such vampire, the beautiful Jahenna. Alluring, beguiling, deceptive. This is one of the crispest, cleanest sculpts I've encountered with regard to hands and hair. The conveniently-non-cruciform gravestone she's sitting on bears the legend "Mircalla RIP," a nod to LeFanu's "Carmilla" (source of the Vampire Anagram trope). The dress is very Jessica Rabbit-esque and my first attempt at fabric semitranslucency. Could probably have pushed those highlights more.

Matthias the Twisted, on the other hand, is a very different flavor of vampire. He gets the full Murnau/Schreck treatment. Grotesquerie, disfigurement, corruption, contagion. An asymmetric bogey, horrific, athirst, more rat than bat or wolf. I do love the adorable little plague rats around and on him. 

• By Jellyranger69
      Heya guys! I’m relatively new to the hobby and I’ve only recently discovered Reaper minis. This is my new favorite company, great pieces that even a broke dude like me can afford.

I suffer from partial blindness so extreme details can be a challenge....but it’s just for fun so whatevs. I plan on spending my remaining years of vision painting as many pieces as I can. 

I’ve seen some really incredible work from you guys! Thanks and feel free to hit me up. I’m always down to chat about minis and always open to critique. I’m here to learn.

- Jelly

This is my first completed Reaper product: Athak, Undead Knight!

• By Bartimeuase
      Inspired by Doug Sundseth’s red and white legionnaire, I did this mini for a paladin I want to play in an upcoming campaign. This guy offered a lot of fun details, especially the sword and sheath. I used Liquitex basics, with some Agrax Earthshade

• By Monoksbones
      Saw this figure in my LGS a while back, decided to buy it, and now I'm using it as my new DnD character. He was quite intriguing to paint. I really enjoyed this one. I used Citadel paints for it. I also gave it a spray undercoat first, I do with all minis even ones that are already primed, too much of a habit now.

• By Maledrakh
      This mini is called "Vorvorlaka" and is from the Bones 3 kickstarter, Graveyard expansion. I based it on a 30mm lipped base.

The obligatory size comparisons...

77631 Vorvorlaka
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015, Graveyard expansion
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      30mm base
      available from reapermini.com

Here shown with Reaper 80068 Victorians and North Star's Pulp Heroes: The Film Crew sculpted by Bob Murch
      click the pic to enlarge

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 215 Guests (See full list)