For my birthday, I received a mini I'd had my eye on for a while, Slimux and Mulch!

Slimux:-

kg5yA8e.jpg

He's a gardener, a demon gardener.

And Mulch:-

N0IP66b.jpg

Is his loyal plough-snail.

Started on Mulch today:-

QfvskLN.jpgmHZet0k.jpg

His shell was based with Hexed Lichen, then had drybrushes of 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Warlord Purple > Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink > Squid Pink, and then I painted Pure Black into the cracks and deep recesses.

Finally I glazed over the whole thing with some thinned Blue Ink.

As usual I used too much Glaze Medium, so I'm going to work on Slimux while it dries, if it dries.

• Like 22

Nice! Very Nice!

What color is the body gonna be?

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, haldir said:

Nice! Very Nice!

What color is the body gonna be?

Thanks!

I'm thinking a pale flesh colour at the moment.

Progress:-

8fXlpqi.jpg

While Mulch's shell slowly dries I've made a start on Slimuxs skin, so far it's a base of 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Dead Flesh with a Flesh Wash.

Somehow I managed to miss painting the palm of of his left hand, so that's my next job once he dries.

• Like 12

8GUF86g.jpgJiSq07f.jpg

Finished his skin with highlights of 1:1 Dead Flesh/Dwarf Flesh and 1:1:1 Dead Flesh/Dwarf Flesh/Light Flesh.

I also did his eyes, but yellow was not a particularly good colour choice for them, need to line the edges.

I'm leaving all his wounds and nobbly bobblies until I do Mulchs skin, which I've started but it's going to take a few coats.

• Like 12

cVOsLDy.jpg

Three coats of basecoat (1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh) done, another couple and it should be solid enough for the Flesh Wash stage.

• Like 14

I'm not sure why but when I first looked at the most recent pic.  I thought I saw the shell as a purple to black cosmos.  As always your stuff looks amazing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! The satin varnish did a great job adding a nice sheen to it.

8u4ekMa.jpg

Finally got a decent basecoat layer down, so I could complete the skin (1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh > 1:3 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh > Thinned Flesh Wash).

Now to pick out all bumps and things on both Mulch ans Slimux.

• Like 13

There is something delightfully disturbing about the Nurgle miniatures. They do have a certain charm to them.

Your WONDERFUL technique is just the thing to bring out all the qualities of the Beasties. Have FUN with it all.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I really like Nurgles demons too, they seem like the most fantastical of the four for some reason.

DdrkXeS.jpgIfBzvPZ.jpg

Somehow I missed painting Mulchs mouth.

The inside of mouth is 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Pure Black, the tongue is 1:1 Squid Pink/Old West Rose > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Squid Pink/Old West Rose, the lips are 1:1:1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh/Squid Pink/Old West Rose > Flesh Wash > 1:1:1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh/Squid Pink/Old West Rose > 1:2:1:1 Flat Flesh/Light Flesh/Squid Pink/Old West Rose, and finally Olive Green eyes.

I then did Mulchs teeth (Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash > 2:1 Bonewhite/Ochre Yellow > Bonewhite with two brushtipfuls of the previous layer), this was also used on Slimuxs nails and horns.

Then it was Mulchs nails and tusks(?) (Bonewhite > Brown Wash > Bonewhite > 1:1 Bonewhite/Off-white), this was used on Slimuxs teeth and his chewing bone.

• Like 10

rlO6ESU.jpgmgm3NRA.jpg

evvg4MS.jpgNCh8Hmn.jpg

Finally finished their skin.

Their wounds were done in Warlord Purple > 1:1 Warlord Purple/Off-white, and their bumps were done with their flesh colours plus Ochre Yellow (this worked much better on Slimux), Mulch also had a big spot that I painted Light Green > 1:1:1 Light Green/Ochre Yellow/Off-white, but I could only find the one so it looks a little out of place.

They then both got a very thin glaze of Flesh Wash.

I also painted Slimuxs blanket seat, this was a base of  Blood Red shaded down with Scarlett Red and Scarlett Red with a brushtipful of Pure Black, then highlighted with 1:4 Red Orange/Blood Red and 1:2 Red Orange/Blood Red.

With 1:1 Bonewhite/Light Flesh maggots and Cork Brown stitches.

• Like 10