Progress:-

r6EHkKL.jpg16S0pgZ.jpg

Did a bit more to Mulchs tree, it is not a healthy tree.

Highlighted the wood with Mahogany Brown and 1:1 Mahogany Brown/Parasite Brown, and highlighted the moss with Medium Olive and 1:1 Medium Olive/Ochre Yellow.

The bumps were done in 1:1 Light Green/Off-white and the barnacle-things in Squid Pink.

Still got some fungi, maggots and a frog to paint, need to think of some colours first though.

• Like 8

*Blows dust of thread*

Okay, didn't realise this one had gone without progress for so long.

d9m50Za.jpg

Started on all the little bits and bobs covering the shell.

Painted the little frog in the tree hollow (Olive Green with 1:1 Bloody Red/Orange Fire eyes),

The little bag (Red Leather with 1:1 Red Leather/Ochre Yellow highlights and a Brown Wash),

And the severed head (the skin is Dead Flesh > Brown Wash > Dead Flesh > 1:1 Dead Flesh/Bonewhite, the hair is 1:1 Scarlett Red/Orange Fire > Brown Wash > 1:1 Orange Fire/Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash, there's also Bonewhite teeth and a 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Squid Pink tongue).

Got to pick out all the bits of fungi now.

• Like 9

This guy is really cool. Reminds me I need to paint Mashaaf.

I love your skin on these two, and that shell is super awesome. 

So many great little details on this sculpt. Do I see an as-yet-unpainted baby Audrey II in its pot under that tree? I dig it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

Yes that is a baby Audrey, but I'm planning on painting mine like the ones from Super Mario (if it doesn't end up too garish).

TgVTw4e.jpg

Still picking out the little details.

Did the little shelf mushrooms, the bottoms were Iraqi Sand, the tops were Ochre Yellow and then given an all over Sepia Wash.

Did the cord that holds all the pots and things (Leather Brown > Brown Wash > Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand).

Also did the skull (Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash > Iraqi Sand) with mushrooms (Sky Blue > 1:1 Sky Blue/Off-white).

• Like 6

gEBwvVr.jpg

More little bits.

Did a bucket of something. The bucket itself is 1:1 Red Leather/Ochre Yellow > Black Wash > 1:1 Red Leather/Ochre Yellow with Oily Steel bands, and the something is 1:1:1 Sick Green/Ochre Yellow/Off-white > Brown Wash > 1:1:1 Sick Green/Ochre Yellow/Off-white.

A hook (Oily Steel),

And the plough. The chains and the plough itself are Oily Steel > Black Wash > Oily Steel > Brown Wash, while the wooden parts are Parasite Brown > Black Wash > Parasite Brown > 1:1 Parasite Brown/Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash.

• Like 8

oegyk44.jpg

Finished off the last of the little details.

There's the pot of something, the pot is Ochre Brown > 1:1 Ochre Brown/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash, and the tendril is Sick Green > 1:1:1 Sick Green/Dead Flesh/Ochre Yellow > Brown Wash.

The vial of something is Hawk Turquoise with Ghost Grey and an Off-white highlight.

Finally there's the chompy plant, the pot and plant body uses the same colours as the pot of something, the head is 1:2 Scarlett Red/Bloody Red with Ochre Yellow spots, Iraqi Sand teeth and an Old Rose tongue.

Just the big stick to go.  

• Like 7

cAi7c4O.jpg

Having trouble getting the camera to focus on a close-up of the stick, so you'll have to make do with this long distance shot.

Painted the wood parts of the stick (Leather Brown > Brown Wash > Yellow Ochre drybrush) with the metal bits in Oily Steel.

Made a start on the dangling imp, he's a basecoat of 1:2 Yellow Ochre/Orange Fire plus a Sepia Wash so far.

• Like 7

Thanks!

piPSbHK.jpg

Managed a better close-up piccy!

Finished off the Imp with highlights of 1:2 Ochre Yellow/Orange Fire and 1:2:1 Ochre Yellow/Orange Fire/Iraqi Sand, with Sky Blue eyes, Iraqi Sand claws, teeth and horn plus Dead Flesh bumps.

• Like 8

Wowzer the flesh looks fantastic

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

With Mulch finished, it's time to wrap up Slimux:-

dJcgnIP.jpg

Painted up his shears, the handles are Leather Brown > Ochre Yellow Drybrush > Brown Wash, and the blades are Leather Brown > Rust Wash > Fire Orange Drybrush.

I also did his belt (Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash, with a Bronze buckle).

Not a whole lot left to do.

• Like 8

z2q8mNo.jpg

I've got guts!

They started with a base of 1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink, highlighted with 1:1:1:1 Warlord Purple/Squid Pink/Light Flesh/Off-white, given a Blue Wash and then drybrushed with 1:1 Squid Pink/Light Flesh.

I also painted a leg band (Steel Grey > 1:1 Steel Grey/Ghost Grey > Brown Wash), but it wasn't worth taking a second piccy for.

Just a couple things on his belt to go.

• Like 5