At some point while I was painting him, the troll kind of shrunk. It was like he was exposed to sunlight and it caused him to shrivel up into a low crouch.  One could imagine that he's ready to pounce upon a Halfling, or is raising his hands in surrender to a much smaller aggressor.  Or some kind of bizarre bonesium catastrophe befell him.

I know I could have warped him back into place if this had happened BEFORE I started painting him, but I've never seen it happen AFTER the mini has cooled.  Has anyone else seen that?  If so, what causes it, so I can NOT do it again?  

I'm otherwise pretty happy with how ugly he is.  In particular, I tried a different basing technique that LittleBlueberry described for me awhile back, which is definitely fun to do.

IMG_8759.resized.png

IMG_8749.resized.png

IMG_8751.resized.png

IMG_8750.resized.png

IMG_8752.resized.png

IMG_8753.resized.png

IMG_8754.resized.png

IMG_8755.resized.png

IMG_8756.resized.png

IMG_8757.resized.png

IMG_8758.resized.png

• Like 20

Some Bones figures just kind of do that.  I know the Jabberwock is like that and I think Cinder does it too.  You might contact customer service and they may give you some credit or something.  Its the best customer service I have dealt with in a very long time. 

The paint job looks great though!  I really like his eyes!  

I don't know if you do much basing but you could use some cork board as a rock and stand him up and pin him to the rock to keep him up right.  Just a thought though. 

• Like 4

If you can run a paperclip through his feet,ankle you might be able to correct it.

As it is, he looks menacing.

Lunging towards his prey!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

such listing has happened to several of my bones as well, it has to do with gravity and thin /off center supporting legs or whatnot.

Luckily, I find that using near-boiling water to unbend them before dunking in ice cold to fix the new postition usually does not damage the paint job.

But when you have the correct position, it will be necessary to prevent it sinking again by either sticking a pin through the leg, or somehow putting in another support or if possible a third contact point.

I have on occation stuck a pin through the base and up to the knee, and then hid it with a bush.

• Like 3

I had been thinking about putting a pin through his leg to bend him more into shape, but his ankles are very skinny so I was concerned I might poke through to one side and ruin it entirely.

I'll ping customer service. I got this guy from the bones3 Kickstart we, so maybe they'll take pity on me :-)

Heat ... mild heat ... clamp his base to something sideways , set him in the window again and let heat / gravity fix it for you... and have something to catch him in the right angle ... he can stand again ... once he is upright keep him cool till you can paint on thin leg reinforcement of some kind ...

I've had luck using a hairdryer on low to gently warm something up so that I can bend it into the correct position again.  I suspect that given our climate this guy must have super wimpy ankles and would probably fall over again if not pinned. 

This guy you could probably pin through the foot fairly easily from the ankle and just need to do a touch-up on.  If you need a pin vise, I've got a couple.  ::D: 

• Like 3

Very good paint job on him!

Everybody else pretty much covered the leaning problem; I'll second the advice about running a pin up through one or both legs.

• Like 1

I like him!  but if you want him straighter set him outside for about an hour.  after that you can change the position relatively easily and then run a pin (i actually use a dressmaker's pin and pliers to drive it in without drilling when the plastic is soft.) through the base and the leg.  i am not the greatest with drilling down a narrow leg and have been known to drill through the leg.  If I just use a pin any holes I make heal by themselves, no repainting required!

The face, particularly the tongue and eyes are my favorite part

• Like 1