Hero Forge Mini - Halfling Paladin

Sometimes, I feel really out of place posting a mini I painted as some of you guys are scary good mini painters, but I am just so darn happy with this mini and had such a blast painting her I wanted to share! And you can't improve if you don't try! Right? So introducing Pucket, the Halfling Paladin of Lliira. Aside from the gnome from LTPK this is my first Hero type mini. She's my character for my next campaign and I ordered her on HeroForge. There just aren't enough dancing halflings out there.

I tried a lot of new techniques I've been reading about and am pretty pleased with the results. Her eyes look sort of like eyes! The bottle looks vaguely like there is something inside of it! I did totally chicken out on the armor, I was going to try to paint the decorative bits a different color but just didn't trust my hand/eye coordination enough. 

Now I just have to figure out a background reason for her to have purple hair and a shiny blue scabbard that my DM will actually buy. 

IMG-0532.thumb.JPG.2d383d3af044951c910ab841357dd760.JPGIMG-0533.thumb.JPG.0bcd0e7fcc6398efa6c30fea0c763268.JPGIMG-0534.thumb.JPG.e43d9afbc699221c650a94b04326dbc9.JPG

Also, can someone tell me how to do that thing where you drop photos under a banner you have to click to expand?

• Like 17

I agree, that's some very nice work on her! Thank you for sharing.

As far as that goes, please don't be intimidated by the really good painters (I'm not one of them), everyone here likes looking at pictures of painted miniatures. If you've got something that you're proud of, by all means, put it up!:winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By billeecats
      Newbie post. I've only painted half a dozen or so figures so far, but I'm enjoying myself, and that counts, right?! 

She's painted with a mix of Reaper MSP and Vallejo Game Color. I haven't done so yet, but I think I'd like to start chronicling the colors I use for each future mini. 

30001 Lysette, Elven Mage 

• By haldir
      So I'm thinking of running my Virtual Expo games using this VTT. Any opinions?

thanks

• By [email protected]
      Started painting during the pandemic but was really intimidated by basing. Finally picked up some supplies and based my first couple models. Really improved the overall quality and aesthetic. 

• By Rob Dean
      I haven’t picked up a brush these past two weeks, so I wanted to do something this morning.  Since I spent the whole day yesterday tracking down some partly finished 1/72 medieval polearm men, I naturally did something else. 

Last year I showed the start of my urban fantasy  project.  I’ve added a few miscellaneous figures (like last year’s Gencon Reaper preliminary speed paint entry), but I’ve been stalled for a while.  Today was my day to unstall, a least a little bit.

Leon, on the left, is a “Bones 91010 Houngan”.  Lucia is a Hero Forge figure, of an as-yet-unnamed Fae species.  (I used the bovine legs and the long fae ears.)  I feel better now that I’ve gotten something done this month.  

(The mat, by the way, is from Frontline Games.)
    • By Iridil
      So my fellow players wanted to get Hero Forge custom characters, and as the only painter in the group I did them up. The bard was in metal, the other two in resin. My goodness are the surfaces rough and the detail shallow! I was a bit embarrassed to hand them over, but they really liked them - it was super important that the figure was exactly the design they wanted. It was an interesting bit of calibration for me and how to enjoy the imperfect. I think the barbarian came out the best and my favorite bit to paint was the violin.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)