dmpv01

03492: Autumn Bronzeleaf, Female Elf Wizard

2 hours ago, dmpv01 said:

Thank you! And I am happy to be onboard the forums. I am new to painting but skilling up.

You're new to painting?! ::o:

If so, that's just crazy. Are you aware that red is one of the most difficult colors to tackle when painting minis? Some painters struggle for years trying to make it look nice. Yours not only looks excellent, you even gave the dress fabric a completely different reflective effect from her skin. Not a lot of new painters doing that. Mad props!

4 hours ago, dmpv01 said:

Thank you! And I am happy to be onboard the forums. I am new to painting but skilling up.

Welcome to the Forum!

From what I have seen now, you have a talent!

Keep 'em coming!

Strong combo on this one!

Very good!

6 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

You're new to painting?! ::o:

As of this post I've been painting for 4 months. I watch and read a lot of tutorials about different techniques, then give them a shot. For red, I've learned to avoid mixing in white (which makes pink), but instead start with a dull, dark red, and highlight up to a more brilliant, bright red. My camera doesn't really show that transition well here.

Thank you for the kind comments.

• Like 4

Very nice painting, and welcome to the forum!

Very cool idea making her a Drow elf; it works very well.:winkthumbs:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      77135 Mariel Twinspear.
      Officer on one of the Pirateships of the fleet of Bloody Bess.

WIP:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150

• By planetmut
      This is my third(!) attempt to paint Sugar. She almost ended up back in a bowl of Simple Green but this time I persevered. Her eyes aren't perfect but I'm happy with the way she came out — although not 100% sure about her hair — and I'm getting better at painting white. The sad-looking teddy is from the City Scenics Back Alley Accessories set by TTCombat.

• By Oldwolf359
      Found this girl i painted up about a year ago using reaper paints from bones KS 2 and 3, the sword hand is from a gw mini the sword is brass etch,  C&C welcome t know the eyes are badly done

• By Darcstaar
      This figure is next on the agenda.  I cleaned up mold lines, cut off the “base” part of his integral base, washed him and mounted him on a Reaper 1 inch base.
    • By ChanSeal
      "Bliss"
      Needed a civilian type for a game, and this was the best I find in my lead mountain.
      Dunno why, but I keep seeing him as one of those beer-making monks carrying a keg on his back.
      So I painted him as one who just "sampled" the merchandise and really liked the sample.
      The nose and cheeks were more "ruddy" IRL but doesn't show up well in the pictures.
      There is a lightish line at the top of the belly where I tried to repair the paint job after accidently flicking some dark wash on it.
      The line isn't really visible IRL but clearly seen in the pictures.

Thanks for looking.

*Edit
      And if something looked odd with my montage, it's because the second picture got flipped when I was joining the four of them together. Just noticed this.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)