wdmartin

Stonehaven: Large Fox

Beautiful work, foxes now have a special place in my heart and I really like how realistic you painted it. The base is really nice too.

Stonehaven have some nice and very original models, I really like their Clockwork Horse.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2018 at 1:56 AM, wdmartin said:

This fellow has been sitting on my Shelf of Shame in a state of about 85% completion for a couple of months.  So during tonight's Critical Role episode, I pulled him down and finished him.

stonehaven-fox-01.thumb.jpg.cd367bf1f48af2838b4af1b3a8061b42.jpg

stonehaven-fox-02.thumb.jpg.02f0ed171fa3e4b0efc4d7646dc9e5ce.jpg

stonehaven-fox-03.thumb.jpg.512bef71a90152bb81b286a9dc61c0ab.jpg

This figure was the reason I backed their last kickstarter.  It just appealed to me.  So I'm glad he's done.

The fur went red, dry brush orange, dry brush brighter orange on the highest highlights, but I'm afraid I don't remember the exact colors at this remove.  The white parts were Snow Shadow with Solid White on top, and the black parts Walnut Brown highlighted in a very dark blue.  The eyes went Brown Liner, Solid White, a very thin mixture of 2:1 Fireball Orange and Sandy Brown, then added more Sandy Brown to bring it to 1:1 for a dot in the center, and a line of Walnut Brown for the pupil.

The base is from Micro Arts Studio.

This was also a main reason I backed their kickstarter (that and the samurai halfling). Your Paint job now compels me to work on mine:)

• Like 1

Lovely painting of a lovely mini! 

.... Oooh, they have a samurai kitsune with a totally oversized sword, that's awesome. 

• Like 1