Inarah

Calling all cars...

This is another clix project.  I picked up a bunch of plastic figures for cheap, cut them off the original clicky base, and made new ones.  The bases are by Reaper, turned over and filled with putty and then stamped.  Simple base coat and wash and those were done.  A few of the figures got paint touch ups to clean them up and bring them all together in a blue and black color scheme.  They've been sprayed and are ready for the table. 

DSCN0572.jpg.747a96e22337a3355c4e0deb18afe57c.jpg

• Like 21

Using them wherever.  We play CoC, supers, technomancer... always need police or security guard types. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/416262521/scenic-resin-bases-for-28mm-tabletop-wargame-minia?ref=discovery

After a successful 1st kickstarter project earlier in the year I am back with a second.  
      This time I am looking to extend my existing range of 28mm scenic bases with 3 further lines. I already make bases as part of my business and have paved bases, lava bases etc. along with various bits of terrain in my range already. 
      Moonkraft is a fairly new start up and I am looking to add many many more goodies to what I already sell. I have a brain overflowing with ideas, the only trouble is deciding which to do 1st.  
      If you are like me and are a miniature painter and gamer, then you already know that a good base will give you miniature the finish you want and can really make or break a good bit of painting. Also this bit of modelling can be a little tedious and time consuming and if you are painting a new army those minutes soon add up and turn into hours.  
      I have created 3 new sets of bases, Rocky outcrops, Skulls and Rocks and my personal favourite Atlantian Temple Ruins. I need to raise just £500 for the moulding costs to produce all 3 of these sets of bases. which I will add to my growing range of terrain and bases. 
      The bases were sculpted by myself and I have made them in 3 sizes, 25mm, 30mm & 40mm so they should fit all the sizes you require.  
      The pictures don't do them justice.
      25mm Temple bases 30mm Temple Bases 40mm Temple Bases 25mm Skull & Rock Bases 30mm Skull & Rock Bases 40mm Skull & Rock Bases 25mm Rocky Outcrop Bases 30mm Rocky Outcrop Bases 40mm Rocky Outcrop Bases I do things the old fashioned way, no 3D printing or computer software, I build and sculpt, then I make moulds, then I cast. If necessary there may be a 2nd mould made to improve casting after any adjustments have been made, but this is a rarity as I am an old hand at the process.  
      The funds will be used for the silicone to make the molds (the expensive bit) and also go towards the resin. 
      Postage. We will be shipping the set out as soon as the funds come in and the prices are set to the following 3 zones: UK, Europe & Rest of World. Prices are based on Royal Mail to calculate the cost.
    • By Inarah
      There's an old engineering saying: "Fast, cheap, or good, pick any two. " In this case I needed a bunch of 1920's investigators in normal street clothes, I wanted them ready in two weeks and  I didn't want to pay $5-$7 each for them.  So I got on Ebay and bought plastic clicky game figures for a dollar a head (shipping included) and did a little putty and paint work on them.   Finished everything Saturday morning, and then the game got pushed back to next week.  Which only means that I have time to paint more monsters. 

Here are the ladies:

The one in the blue dress is from Reaper. They all could use more detail, but I was in a hurry. 

Gentlemen: 

The one on the end is from Heresy, I think.  They could all use hats but I'm not that good. 

I made most of the bases out of putty, using texture stamps.

Before photos and WIP: 

• By Inarah
      I'm running a Cthulhu game in 2 weeks and I need to come up with a bunch of cheap FEMALE minis fast.  I have no problem finding male figures in suits to use for a 1920's game.  It's suitable female adventurers in normal clothing that are in short supply. 

I'm looking at clix on ebay, since they run about a buck apiece and I found a vendor who mails asap so I'll have time to work on them if they need modding before the game.  What I need help with is identifying female characters.  I just don't know what names to be searching for.  I need ladies in dresses.  

Also, anything cheap out there that passes for a shoggoth? Besides the one Reaper makes? 

Help me, hivemind, you're my only hope. 

• By slash486
      Do you still sell the box of 250 square smooth bases? I bought one a while ago and it's almost empty. I looked on the site but I can't find it anywhere. I even tried looking up the sku on the box I have. Thanks.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wamp/fusion-bases

Fusion bases offer a quick and easy way to create great display quality wargaming miniature bases and plinths with little effort.
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 237 Guests (See full list)