Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Got the first set of 5 done. I bought 5 Santas (one was in my bones 5), 4 Mrs. Claus, 4 Christmas mouselings. I'm preparing a holiday ornament and diorama for friends to give them.
Santa is now complete, but still need to get him on his base with Mrs. Claus.
I painted my first santa with a black primer. It took about 4 or 5 layers to get red to actually show and not look washed out. I just happened across a youtube video where Paintman Journeying was talking about how laying pink under red will help coverage and saturation. Was worth a try for how many red clothes characters i was about to do.
I then took all of them to base coat with airbrush. And not only that, it gave me a great way to go through more of the BCA pink i have 5 bottles of. Finally i can use it on more things! Warning for others: BCA pink has weird coverage. It's very very very very chalky. I hadn't noticed it on my small parts i use to paint it on like tongues or trinkets, but on big areas i really noticed.
The assembly like setup on these worked great. Painted in this order:
Coat, pants, hat first.
Santa's gift bag (different red) next.
Cream trims next.
Washes on face and bear.
Gloves, boots, and belt.
Packages and trim.
So far so good.
Hello everyone, here are some ensemble pictures of my entry in the "Dia de los Muertos" Sugar Skull Painting Contest. I had simply posted a closeup photo of the skull for the contest. This is the Bones version of 77116, Colossal Skeleton sculpted by Jason Wiebe. This Undead is Huge, 120mm tall, almost 5 inches. Notice I repositioned its arms and removed the shrouds that were hanging between its legs.
The other elements on the base are from Reaper Miniatures as well. There are 77528, Graveyard Ruined Fences by Bob Ridolfi, a 77531, Graveyard Fence Post and 77731, Gargoyle Finials also by Bob Ridolfi, a 77538, Gravestone of Sorrow sculpted by Julie Guthrie and one of the 77534, Tombstones sculpted by Kevin Williams. I used roots, birch tree seed hulls and various synthetic mosses to complete the scene. The base is 75mm (3 inches) wide and was 3d printed. Enjoy!