Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Coldfire

Female Bard with Lute from Dark Sword Miniatures

super smooth looking and cool base..and the photo background really put everything together , really nice work !

I orderer myself 2 frogs figure from darksword, hope i will not mess them up too much ^^

She's a wonderful combination of subtle tones, a delicate touch, and clear and well defined shapes. The base and the photography add to the mood of quiet contemplation. Just lovely!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      Recently finished this lovely mini from Dark Sword. Toyed with a few ideas but the winter theme ended up being the one that stuck. I wish I had had more time to spend on it but I am happy with how she turned out. 

• By rubegon
      I haven’t been on the forum much this year.  Since joining Anne Foerster’s Patreon I’ve been spending more time on Discord.

I’ve been painting this guy following the paintalong she’s done for one of the tiers.  It’s the first time I’ve tried to do a “display quality” paint job.  Other firsts are NMM, freehand, leather texture, cloth texture, and sculpted base elements.

I actually started this guy early this year, but then stopped painting altogether for about 4 months after the pandemic started.  I picked him back up in July and am getting close to finishing.  I’m posting a series of pics I’ve taken as I went, and will continue to post as I finish him up soon.

Feb 29: prepped and primed, with some minor GS work

Mar 1:  base GS sculpting

— LONG BREAK —

Aug 2:  skin lined, basecoated, and shaded

Aug 6:  skin initial highlights

• By MoonglowMinis
      Continuing with my showcase of old Player Characters for Frostrun, we have Nox, the Drow Bard, represented by Astrid, Female Bard.

Nox was a fun challenge and one of the few times that I played around with color palettes online, and tried out some test drawings to really decide on colors and patterns ahead of time.  Settled on black and dark grey for the main colors, with red for pattern accents, and purple for a dash of flavor.  I feel it lands properly in the category of a dark entertainer without reading too much like a Harley Quinn knock-off.  Though the player she was designed for loves Harley so I'm sure the similarities were appreciated.

Reverse side under the spoiler:

Nox is a Drow Bard and a newcomer to Frostrun.  Nox left behind her home in the Underdark to seek out a life of adventure and fame as a traveling entertainer, but soon found herself on the wrong side of the law.  With nowhere else to go, Nox has turned towards Frostrun, the edge of civilization.  A place where people are judged not by their past, but by their ability to survive.  Unfortunately, a dark force has threatened her one chance at redemption.  Will Nox rewrite the tale and come out a legend?  Or will darkness have its way and leave her as a footnote in someone else's song?

Read her story and check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Tzandi, a member of Monkey's Troupe from the game Twisted by Demented Games.

Been painting this one on and off for a while, as I could only work on her teeny tiny details in small bursts (She essentially feels like a much larger scale mini that's been shrunk down). I think taking my time paid off as I'm pretty pleased with the results.
      This also means I've actually finished a set of something for a change (At least until Long Ma the dragon comes out):-

The full Monkey's Troupe.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)