Sign in to follow this  
Disemboweler

Gripping Beast, Crusader War Band

This is my Crusader Warband for SAGA: The Crescent and the Cross. Although the painting and bases are all mine, I can't take credit for the shields. Those are decals. It would have been nice to take the time to paint each one but when you are painting an army, time is in short supply. 

warband1.jpg

• Like 18

24 minutes ago, EvilJames said:

To be fair, getting decals on straight is a skill in and of itself. They look really good.

OMG.......you are so correct. They never fit like they are supposed to. I had to trim and cut and trim some more. It was a major pain in the butt. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fanguad
      I haven't been painting much Reaper lately, but painted up this beastie for Jimmy The Brush's July community challenge.

Everything on the beast is TMM.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      Spent some time painting up all the Bones 3 Crusaders, plus the Core set minis from Bones 2 and 3 with the same Crusaders emblem on them. I based their colors on the Order of the White Lotus from Avatar: tLAB, and did a weapon swap on one because I felt like a bit more diversity in equipment. 

• By Sanael
      From my lunch sessions WiP.

This mini is very much "get off my table now" quality. I expect to use her in my Eberron campaign as an Emerald Claw officer or Blood of Vol cultist (hence the blood drop on her shield). She's actually the second Finari I've painted, pretty well in the same color scheme, but the other was actually for a PC in a short-lived Ptolus campaign. I really like the sculpt, one of my favorite Klockes.

This particular mini was from the first Bones KS, and she had a serious problem on her face in casting: pretty well everything from her left cheek to collarbone was a thick piece of flash, and most of her face was pretty soft in detail. So I carved a bit and ended up with what you see here. Also roughly removed the Crusaders symbols on her armor and shield.

I do need to clean up her base, but I'll do that in a batch with a bunch of minis.

Enough talk, here she is:

• By Rob Dean
      I'm getting back to painting after a couple of weeks of unwanted break. I'm due to play some games today, so this late Saxon warlord was needed immediately. I got him done with my portable paint kit while sitting at the car dealer waiting on an oil change yesterday, and got the basing done when I got home.

The catalog picture shows him with a shield in the left hand. For whatever reason, I didn't get one when I bought him, and having one in his left hand looks very uncomfortable, on top of which it would interfere with use of the axe. So, I think I'm happier with him just shaking his fist at the foe.
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)