Ral Partha Female warrior with Axe from Julie Guthrie

72moonglum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/24/2018 at 8:08 PM, Boaz said:

Very old school ... looks like she could be half viking settler half native of newfoundland ... 

Yeah, her skin tone and hair color give a little bit of a native American flavor!

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Othikent said:

Nice color work.

Thank you very much!

11 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I like the way you painted her gloves. Looks like buckskin. 

Thanks, she had so many different leather pieces on her and I tried to at least start them with different colors. The gloves actually started as terra khaki

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

I love that face!

Also nice to see she is reasonably armored.

Thanks Glitterwolf! For a small figure, she did have some nice, expressive and larger eyes with which to work.

Yeah, she has a sturdy shirt of mail to cover her well instead of a chain bikini!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Very nice work on her!

Out of curiosity, do you remove the integral bases from these old figures, or use putty to blend them into the bigger base you put them on?

Thanks much Chaoswolf!

To satisfy that curiosity:  Any figure that comes with an integral base, I leave it on the base, glue it onto usually a circular plastic base, then I fill the rest of it up with green stuff, let it dry at least three or four hours, then superglue corn meal in some spots to represent dirt and some grass.

I'm a really lazy painter, so to chop off a base and do crazy things with it would essentially be a lot of work. Maybe with Bones figures it'd be easy, but with metal I've found a much quicker and efficient route.  I used to actually never use bases before I found the Reaper forum. If you look at my older figures (you can hunt them down in my little link on my signature) I used to just glue them on to a balsa wood base and that was it. I'd paint the balsa wood either brown or black and I was done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1