• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning everybody and Happy New Year!

So I actually had these painted since the very beginning of the year, but had to go out of town and couldn't get their bases finished until I got back.  So here are my first miniatures completed for 2020, four lizard men that Julie Guthrie sculpted for Ral Partha if I recall correctly in 1982-1983 with her series All Things Dark and Dangerous.  I've always really loved these figures and have had them on my pending list of stuff to paint, but finally got around to really painting them.  I painted each one in a different color because I wanted a bit of variety.  They did all start of though being covered by a good layer of Creamy Ivory (Reaper) and then I did washes on all that, and then afterwards chose the actual color and kept going.

Anyhow, hope you guys like these guys!

• By Rahz
      Following a couple trials to print these (really I was looking for things to print with the clear green resin and Necrons sprung to mind) I managed to get a good set of 6 printed up. Then the idea skittered across my brain that I should put a light in them...

So I have started painting them in the stereotypical dark+metal+green and picked up a small box of LEDs along with a coupe switches. 

Here’s the group shot. 

A bit of Reaper Coal Black and some Vallejo Copper.  They need at least another coat.  

Test with a green LED held inside. 

Once they get a bit more paint on them, I’ll build up some bases to hide the following bits in them. 

Hoping to get another coat of paint on them later tonight along with the start of some edge highlights, but I’m solo-parenting so we’ll see how the evening goes.
      For now, it’s time to take the kids to their music lessons.  

Thanks for looking. 
    • By Nightwing
      Here is the Druid from the Grenadier Wizards box set, this one sans dart. Very simple garb on this guy. 

I don’t know what to think of this guy. He looks very 1st-level, compared to the Druid with Dart. His sword doesn't even have a cross-guard. How anyone can sword fight in those Smurf-like robes escapes me as well. I think this guy has a lot to learn. 

• By Nightwing
      This is the Druid with Dart from the Grenadier Wizards box set. The mini originally had a tiny little limp carrot-looking dart in his hand, which i always hated. I took the liberty of replacing it with something a bit more substantial. 

My daughter came up with the entire color scheme. I sometimes ask her to pick out the colors when i have no idea what to do. 

I don't know what the little critter perched on his staff is. Maybe some kind of little lizard friend? Or maybe just something carved on the staff?  Oh well. 

• Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)