Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Grenadier Frost Giants

46 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Such beautiful older minis..

I like those a lot.

They are really beautiful figures. I set up this WIP because I need to keep motivated to keep working on them!  As of yet, not too far, but I just started so I guess it's fair.

• Like 3

I remember those! They look fantastic, I look forward to seeing how they turn out.

• Like 1

Ohhhh, I had that set. They are a lovely couple! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pingo said:

Ohhhh, I had that set. They are a lovely couple! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Hoping for some time to work on their flesh this weekend.  I have a feeling these are going to take a while. I'm naturally slow and on top of that, these are pretty large.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Wow, these sculpts are beautiful! It's the first time I've seen them. I never knew Grenadier had such nice figures. Thanks for posting your WIP on them. 

Grenadier has produced tons of figures and had some really beautifully sculpted pieces. There was a whole Giant series that was absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

1858568E-516F-431F-A1C3-0330B45DB335.thumb.jpeg.6565177130ec54415c3e39a5840e5a63.jpeg728A2413-945E-4566-B61B-11EE73EC25D8.thumb.jpeg.e3aa0661f28b7ffbfc4aeeb994430fdf.jpega little bit more progress, put more shadows in....

used:

ritterlich blue

dark elf highlights 

dark elf skin

dark elf shadow

next will start working up to white

• Like 10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 

• By Rahz
      Needing a break from resin (and not knowing how I want to paint my latest print), I have turned back to more basic crafting with xps foam.  Leaning heavily on the teachings of Black Magic Craft on YouTube.  These were also good to pick at during the seemingly 10000 hours of teleconferences I was on last week. 

3/4” by 2.5” forms were cut and deck screws added to one end to provide some weight.  I next marked out every 1/4”, then scored then with the knife and speed square.  The verticale cuts were eyeballed about 1/3 of the way in on alternating rows (I did half one way, the other reversed to add some variety). I then went over all the cuts with a pen to increase the indent and soften the inner edges.  

I then cut out the end caps 1” square and textured everything, pillars included with rolled up tin foil.  

Lastly, I used hot glue to assemble the pieces.  

hope to get them primed tomorrow and then a quick paint job on Sunday.   Not that we’re playing D&D these days but I hope to have a few more pieces of terrain ready to go for when all this horrible stuff passes and we can resume our normal routines.  

Thanks for looking. 

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening gents and gentettes,

So finally got another one finished this afternoon. I was working on him for a while now and got done painting him two nights ago, let him cure, got his base attached last night, and then this afternoon on my lunch break (working from home for the foreseeable future) got his grass stuck on and photos taken.

So with this elf, I didn't want to just do him in either browns or greens, so went with yellows and oranges with some leathery colors instead.  I also did his bow thinking of more of an ivory bow, so off white. There were a few other things I could have done with him, but calling him done. This one is a classic Ral Partha Julie Guthrie figure from her range "All Things Dark and Dangerous", from back in the eighties.  Most of them you can still end up getting still from Iron Wind, so that is a plus. Anyways, here he is, hope you like him!

• By 72moonglum
      And here is another figure I just finished, a classic Tom Meier Elf Princess. This was from the Personalities and Things that Go Bump in the Night Range, sculpted in the eighties.  This was the second version of this figure, the first one far more simple.  Anyhoos, lots of flowers and she's a pretty small figure, so hope you enjoy the mini! She's not currently available on the old Iron Wind web site, but she was fun to paint just the same!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys,

It's been a while since I posted a mini, as I've been sick, been on a business trip, and just generally busy, but here is a figure I just completed last night, a Julie Guthrie figure from "All Things Dark and Dangerous" back in the eighties:

Upon retrospect I'm wondering if I should have given her eyebrows, don't know if without looks very unnatural?

In any case, here's the "original" set of figures, with the delightful ladies that came in the original blister pack:

Hope you enjoy!

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)