• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      In my continuing effort to continue at least 1 dragon a month, here is my next entry, the wizkids gargantuan dragon.  I believe I should name this one PanicusMaximusNecakus because this one presented special and exciting problems because the dragon has apparently decided to do the flamenco feather dance and his wings were a major obstacle when trying to paint the left side of the dragon's body.  I realize the cause was because they were trying to get the dragon in the box but man was that difficult to work with. 
      I wound up spending a lot of time with one hand pinning the dragon and the wing to the table while I painted with the other.  It was not the most convenient method of painting.  He was also very prickly... very, very prickly! 

because its such a big base, I wanted to provide some interest for the game.  I used the old road stamp from Basius to generate some pieces of broken road amongst a clearing in early fall.  I was thinking of adding a smudge of snow but if I did it would conflict with the ruined stone.

Overall though I like how he came out and I really like the results on his tail and his crown of horns. 
      Hope everyone like him.  This is still tabletop quality as I have been trying to produce quantity over quality.

• By lazarp
      Ok lets talk about this mini. 

I got it two years ago in the Legend of Drizzt boxed game and just never use it. Why? Because it just looks weird for a dwarf and it is overall lacking if that makes sense. But I believe it has potential to look pretty cool and become one of my favourite minis. This isn't the first time that I dislike and convert a Wizkids "hero" mini but this conversion will be the most drastic so far.

So lets begin. First of all, the thing that bugs me the most are Athrogates flails. I've found some artwork online and here's how they could look like:

And, if you take a look at the first image above, they look like a pair of maracas:

This obviously means that I have to do a weapon swap. I will also change his hand position to make the pose more intimidating.

The second thing that i dislike is his spiked armor, it is supposed to look cool I guess but to me those spikes resemble crystals and it just looks super weird to me (kinda like the dark souls crystal armor) and doesn't go with the overall vibe of the mini

That means I will also remove the spikes from his helmet, shoulder armor and boots and make them look different and hopefully better.

I'm sorry for a long post, and I will keep you updated. Thanks for looking! 

• By lazarp
      So I had this mini for some time, it was damaged, missing an arm and a hand. I repaired it using some bits and repainted it. Here's the WIP topic. I like how everything turned out, thanks for looking! 
      Some before and after photos:

• By lazarp
      So a while ago I bought 10 of these prepainted wizkids merfolk minis off ebay for cheap. The paintjob on them is horrible but I like the sculpts quite a lot and my dnd group used them all the time during our underwater adventure campaign and was quite happy with th. One of them was missing an arm and I just put her in "to do" box and didn't use her in my games. After some time I chopped of her hand for another project and in the end I was left with an armless and handles mermaid.

Since my bits box has grown quite substantially during the last year I decided to pick something out for her in the arms and hands department and also repaint her. 
      I will post updates on the process here and in the end make a new topic in the show off section. I'm open to comments, criticism and sugestions and I hope you like this proces!
      Thank you for looking! 
    • By Mocha
      Hi folks!

Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile  

I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:

The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??  
      HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy   I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!! 

--Mocha

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)