Boaz

Your impression of space mouslings ?

I have an idea or three ... but would like to hear others impression of the impressive Space Mouslings by Gene Van Horne ... who are they in your galaxy what are they like and what do they do ... we each have our own lil galaxy and no two are exactly alike ... so ... how do you see space mouslings in your galaxy ?

Edited by Boaz
  • Like 3

I'm debating between two different ideas. The first is that they're a version of the Grey Knights, and are called upon whenever a Cat-Thirster is terrorizing the other Mouslings. The pilgrim Mousling from the Thanksgiving blister wouldn't need too much added to make him an Inquisitor.

The other idea is that whenever the Mouslings need to raid a fridge or walk-in freezer for cheese, the Mouse Marines are called in to use their heavy weapons to get through the door. If I go this route I have an excuse to kitbash some old model kits into a dropship for them.

I'll likely end up doing both eventually.

As to their origin, I figure that they are the mice who got lost in the ducts during the events of the Secret of Nimh. They made their way out eventually, and instead of finding a hardware store like Nicodemus and his rats, they found a hobby store, read some 40k lore and ran with it. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

Imagine Tom Cruise if he had been in Airwolf as a GW Space Marine

Sounds like 'Edge of Tomorrow'.

• Like 4

I painted mine as imperial fists, to annoy Scott. They've gotten brought out as starfinder ysoki in heavy armor a few times. 

• Like 10

In a galaxy far far away and just slightly to the right of that other galaxy far far away is the home of a diferent kind of mousling ... master manipulators and sometimes merchants thay see their galaxy as their own little lab where they can test theory , experiment on race interaction and all sorts of egg headed pursuit ... 

However shadow shenanigans and merchant bribes only go so far , some times a more direct aprotch is needed , sometimes boots on the ground are called for, some times you have to call in the Marines, the mousling marines ... sometimes posing as mercenaries or marauders,  they are always prepared,  well informed, and deadly efficient ... 

• Like 3

I've always wanted to mod a mouseling with a robe to carry a force sword: Darth Squeaker.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/3/2018 at 6:32 AM, Arkady said:

I've always wanted to mod a mouseling with a robe to carry a force sword: Darth Squeaker.

Just swap mouseling assassin's knife

• Like 3

Oh my God I have to get some of these!

On 5/29/2018 at 6:59 PM, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

As to their origin, I figure that they are the mice who got lost in the ducts during the events of the Secret of Nimh. They made their way out eventually, and instead of finding a hardware store like Nicodemus and his rats, they found a hobby store, read some 40k lore and ran with it.  

You, sir/madam, are a genius.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Here’s my impression of space mouslings.

”———“.  “———“.  “———“.

Because in space, no one can hear you “squeak”.

:;):

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 11/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, buckyball said:

Perry Rhodent, der Erbe des Universums

Wait, there's people outside Germany who have actually heard of him? I didn't realize!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Wait, there's people outside Germany who have actually heard of him? I didn't realize!

I'm Dutch, I've read a lot of the Perry Rhodan books when I was young.

Here is a Dutch version:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor perry rhodan

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm Dutch,

Okay, I really should've seen that coming. You Dutch always know about all the weird German stuff. :poke: I mean, you even had that localization of "Het Oog des Meesters"! (And finally got a new edition after 30-odd years last year, too.)

I thought Perry Rhodan was basically dead to the English-speaking world since about the late 70s, though.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      “...and I, Colonel Duke Jones, stand on the surface of Mars for all of humankind and in the spirit of exploration that’s taking our species beyond its Earthly bounds. And I’m lighting this cigar to celebrate a successful mission.”

“Haha. Good speech, Duke. You're the first human in 76 years to stand on the surface of another planet. How’s it feel to be further from Earth than any other human being?”

“Pretty good, Pioneer. It’s humbling and really gives a sense of perspective. The air is thin but breathable. Those terraforming guys did a great job. Hey, the camera’s working, right? This is being broadcast back to Earth?”

“Yep, it's all good. There's a delay but they're getting it. Audience figures are even bigger than Kim Kardashian’s state funeral, so well done!”

“How do things look from up there in orbit?”

“We’re all good, just watching you and keeping an eye on your vitals.”

“OK, Pioneer. I’m gonna have another puff on this cigar and—”

“Duke, sorry to break in, but Jim just had an idea. The Earth is directly behind you. Could you turn around so we can get a shot of you looking back at it?”

“Sure thing, Pioneer.”

“How’s this?”

“That's just perfect, Duke. Everything’s A-OK.”

“Good to know, Pioneer. We're still live, right?”

“We certainly are. Jim, you owe me fifty dollars.”
    • By Mocha
      Hi folks! I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! Painted this Mousling on last night's Twitch livestream :) Worked on some freehand lace patterns and put a normal-sized penny (I swear!) next to this little guy for scale. He was so much fun to paint 

• By SGHawkins09
      When I got my Secret Sophie assignment and  saw that I got @Corporea to paint for, I knew almost instantly what I wanted to paint for her. She put that she likes anything adorable and cute plus I know she likes mouslings so I knew I had to paint one for her. As I was going through my stash I found that had the Santa one and knew it was perfect. I also knew I wanted to pair it with a Christmas tree but it took me a while to settle on how I wanted to do the tree. Mainly I was flipping back and forth between making or buying one. I ended up making one out of greenstuff and am really happy with how it turned out. 

• By Envii
      I decided to paint a few mouslings as Christmas presents for people.  For the most part I think they turned out decent.  The Santa was a little rushed so he's a little less detailed than I would have liked.  And yes, I did get the basing idea for Asiago Jones from a diorama at Reaper Con.

It was also my first time playing around with basing.  I'm having a hard time with putting on a second layer of basing materials, like the snow over the grass on the Santa.  Maybe I didn't wait long enough between layers but trying to spread glue on the grass ended up just pulling up a bunch of the grass.  So suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

Ninja Mousling:

Witch Mousling:

Asiago Jones:

Santa Mousling:

• By BryanBorgman
      Hello everyone. I am pleased to announce the launch of Stars Reach spaceship miniatures on Kickstarter.

Stars Reach spaceship miniatures are designed by Twilight Game Designs TJ. I am managing the Kickstarter for them (including promotion and pledge management).

Twilight Game Designs is offering three new fleets that can be used in games such as 5150 Star Navy by Two Hour Wargames, Squadron Strike by Ad Astra Games, Starmada by Majestic Twelve Games, and more. The three fleets are: the Koreth Imperium, the Trazari Colonies, and the Human Commonwealth.
        Stars Reach spaceship miniatures will be cast in pewter in the USA. Production and fulfillment will be provided by Acheson Creations. This Kickstarter is live now and will end at 10:00pm EST on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Follow the link and pledge today! The universe is counting on you!   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twilightgamedesigns/stars-reach-space-ship-miniatures  
      Please spread the word and feel free to ask me questions here or on the Kickstarter project page.
      - Bryan

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 141 Guests (See full list)