Gadgetman!

Senet & Aseb, ancient Egyptian boardgames

About

The aim of this campaign is to re-edit two games from ancient Egypt, the Senet and the Aseb, making versions that respect the Egyptian style. The two games are handmade using wood and stone. 

df3d373225ee53a569faae42ed12a1b8_origina

Senet is an Egyptian game, and is one of the oldest games in the world. Senet was a very popular board game in ancient Egypt, people of all social classes played Senet.

29dd67fffc957de24ec8371ce9470cd9_origina

Many Senet game boards have been found in various Egyptian tombs, including in the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Over time, the game acquired religious connotations and became a ritual for obtaining immortality or endless life.

With the popularity of Senet, new board games appeared. One of these was the Aseb, also known as ‘The Twenty Squares game’, Egyptian game derived from the Sumerian Royal Game of Ur and Senet.

Senet & Aseb Senet & Aseb
7858e27431b65a54a53cb7e6f15f1156_origina

Although the rules of senet were not written down, Egyptologists and historians have guessed at how it was played by the many pictures showing the game being played.

Senet is a game for two players. Two players each have 5 stones and there are 4 counting sticks which are thrown to determine the moves. The goal is to be the first to carry all your pieces off the board, while hindering your oponen. 

Meaning of the squares Meaning of the squares
16826e106f6f0fa7a35127860e6524c4_origina

ASEB is a game for two players. Like Senet, the goal is to be the first to carry all your pieces off the board.

The two players start on each of the opposite sides of the board. They then move their pieces down the central aisle toward the final field and off the board to win the game.

c51dbbede442dae83faf32b98ba191bb_origina
63c4d115873571f52498025e7f017eef_origina
All games include box and rules. All games include box and rules.
dbc085d41e6a9ffb805d61225e647ff5_origina
2e01b8f9ae51de8bf92cbdf08f7ffced_origina
55bcd7cf96578bc694a14707226a8d50_origina
560dbaefec9700fb234d41919fd8cff2_origina
5147b179063f21c039d3f4035bb3ae84_origina
Reward of 1€ not included. Reward of 1€ not included.

The rules are written in English and Spanish by a professional.

Valid for all levels of reward. Valid for all levels of reward.
2e0a73c00a7c66d6d69c2fb6dd961ade_origina

Shipping is included in the campaign. The basic version games have a lighter weight than the deluxe version, therefore the shipping cost is lower. Shipments are only made to the countries on the list.

Weight less than 1kg : shipping cost between 5-9€ 

Weight over 1kg : shipping cost between 5-19€ 

Weight over 2kg : shipping cost between 10-19€

Edited by Gadgetman!
Ooops. forgot link
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PhantomAsh
      Phillip Reed has launched another Kickstarter to add to his recently finished campaign "A Dozen Sinister Rumours", which ended up giving out seventeen system-agnostic PDFs for fantasy RPGs for only a $1. This new one is following a similar idea, pledging for a $1 gets you access to all unlocked PDFs of RPG flavour inspiration, each of which have a dozen ideas, adventure hooks, important items or NPCs to use.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/102137316/a-dozen-troubling-rumors-for-use-with-fantasy-rpgs/

The project launched yesterday and is already funded with two stretch goals unlocked. 
    • By Glitterwolf
      A new unit for my Shifting Sands Project.
      WIP  here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/&page=9
      Egyptian Warcats with Handler.

Handler = Reaper Egyptian Princess SKU: 03506 ( she comes with a baboon which will make an appearance later)
      Black Panther is the New BONES IV Phase Cat with his tentacles removed SKU: 44042
      Lion= Bones Lion SKU: 77341
      The Panther with the Princess is from Ral Partha I got it from a BOGW
      The Leopard is from the Companion Animals Set  Bones SKU: 77216
      The Nehekharan Warcat is the Reaper Elven Hunting Cat SKU: 14453

I used Vallejo Desert Sand and some Greenstuffworld Egyptian Ruins for the bases.

Hope you enjoy them.

• By ced1106
      Looks like about 210 miniatures (including 3D tokens) for the Investigator pledges?
      Investigator pledges are $10 or $20 more than their counterparts for the first KS.

Pretty busy KS schedule:
      * Omega 7 - ends October 31 
      * Deep Madness - starts October 29th 
      * Project Elite - starts October 30th 
      * Claustrophobia - starts November 6th 
      * Assassin's Creed - starts November 13th 
      * Reichbusters - starts November 20th 

Preview page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diemensiongames/1882810436?ref=599009&token=11b64c9e&fbclid=IwAR3sG-fUCAOu427SnCAV0OuORFnkpskukQHCeSITVrE_2stwn77Pra__KqM

Previous KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diemensiongames/deep-madness/

EDIT: KS has started! Click on the preview link. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1113411001/odyssey-anthropos?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dispeldice/dispel-dice

About
        Tabletop RPG gaming saved my life during a time when I was really struggling. The act of a scheduled activity where I would go have fun with friends on a regular basis helped me overcome my depression. It helped me build stronger connections with friends, create a sense of community, and, as cheesy as it sounds, gave me somewhere to belong. As a way to contribute back to the fandom creatively, I started Dispel Dice. 
      Since then, it’s grown more than I could have possibly imagined in a short period of time. I want to share Dispel Dice with the world, and to do that, I need to accelerate production so it can be sustainable long-term.
      Dispel Dice stands in solidarity with Kickstarter United.
        To promote our debut, we have some Day One Pledge Bonuses available until tomorrow morning! They will be added to your pledge, free of charge, if you pledge within the first 24 hours. Day One Pledge Bonuses stack on top of the general Kickstarter bonuses. All orders placed up until 11/7, 9:00AM PST will qualify for a Day One Pledge Bonus, but after that, the offer expires!
      The pin may still be ordered during and after the campaign, but the D20 is exclusive to Day 1 pledgers. If you pledge 3 sets or MORE, you will receive the Merlot D20. 
          PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING OR FEES IMPOSED BY YOUR COUNTRY. SHIPPING WILL BE CHARGED ON TOP OF YOUR ORDER AFTER THE KICKSTARTER CONCLUDES VIA BACKERKIT. VAT TAXES, IMPORT FEES, CUSTOMS FEES, & DUTIES ARE NOT INCLUDED.
  • Who's Online   47 Members, 1 Anonymous, 387 Guests (See full list)