Morihalda

Getting to Know You, June 2018

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You're welcome.::):

My new job is the first place where I've really had the opportunity to do so, and I haven't exactly decided if I will or not. Or how far I will take it.

My advice is to take it slow since it is a new job.

Get to know your coworkers and bosses a bit first, so you can feel if things could spark discussions etc.

It is work after all.

Sometimes I think I will paint Ma'al and put it on my desk proclaiming this is the model for the new top secret fighter plane.

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

June 5: What's your favorite season? What do you like about it?

Hmm, tough one.

I hate Winter due to the stupid wet, rainy, snowy, blubber and gray dark days..the good thing about it are the holidays.

Autumn, depends on the weather, we sometimes have nice weather and the colours of the leaves are great to watch, but when it gets rainy it is again gloom and doom season.

Spring and Summer are both my favorites, mostly good weather, making it possible to hobby and eat in the garden.

These seasons are also the seasons where we get to go on vacation and hike a lot.

So I will go with those two.

SPRUMMER!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Winter. It is cold. (And the bright hot thing in the sky, it is less hot, and sometimes hidden by our friends the clouds...)

Autumn is a close second. Pretty trees in Autumn. 

438CD3F0-5225-4717-95B9-203E062F8005.thumb.jpeg.ed9cfac5515728e9d257686cfc5e8753.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I like that sweet spot, between spring and summer, where it's warm, but not too warm, and the nights are still cool, and there aren't  too many bugs. So like, may/June.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I would say that rare point in Late Spring-Early Summer where it's warm enough to wear shorts but before all the mosquitoes come out.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Summer, I think.

Work gets relatively quiet with all the students going home for the holidays, the days are longer, there's barbecues and beach trips, we can leave a window open at night for the cats to go in and out so that we don't have to get up...

Plus there's Christmas as well! Which I'm really looking forward to this year because the little one will be able to understand and anticipate it a bit more.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I find things to enjoy about all seasons.  But it's probably just the romanticized versions of them as we really only have 1 season here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

SPRING! I love watching the World come back to life.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I would say that rare point in Late Spring-Early Summer where it's warm enough to wear shorts but before all the mosquitoes come out.

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Clearly, mosquitos just ruin everything.

^^ This. 100%

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Autumn. September-October specifically.

It's not too warm. Still plenty of leaves. And when late September-early October hits, you get the explosion of warm colors in the trees.

I like the feeling of walking through piles of dead leaves. And as the leaves expose the branches, more sunlight comes through to balance the cooler weather without the snow absorbing all of the heat. And with the cooler temperature, the bugs have settled down.

Then comes November, and everything becomes cold, wet, grey and miserable. (Unless you're in the Southern hemisphere))

P.S. Also ReaperCon in fall! ::P:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Then comes November, and everything becomes cold, wet, grey and miserable. (Unless you're in the Southern hemisphere))

You could just hop a flight to Florida, Mexico, Jamaica, or Texas. No need to go to extremes by crossing the Equator. 

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Clearly, mosquitos just ruin everything.

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

^^ This. 100%

And yet, mosquitos are suffered to live. How is it that they persist? when species humans like (Pandas, etal.) are nearly extinct? ...and some species have gone. 

:huh:

Everyone but a few entomologists would love to see mosquitos done and dusted and yet there is no active, large scale effort to anihilate them. I don’t get it. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, TGP said:

You could just hop a flight to Florida, Mexico, Jamaica, or Texas. No need to go to extremes by crossing the Equator. 

And yet, mosquitos are suffered to live. How is it that they persist? when species humans like (Pandas, etal.) are nearly extinct? ...and some species have gone. 

Everyone but a few entomologists would love to see mosquitos done and dusted and yet there is no active, large scale effort to anihilate them. I don’t get it. 

Because we humans tend to kill off species in an "Oops Sorry! " kind of way.

When we want to deliberately we usually fail.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

The UN made a serious attempt to eradicate mosquitos with DDT in the 1950's and 60's. The result of that was to create species of mosquito that are immune to DDT, and all subsequent efforts with other pesticides run up against the same problem: eventually all pests adapt and the new sub-species rapidly breed to replace the lost numbers.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, TGP said:

Best reply I've ever heard to this is, "Do you hate birds and bats?  Because you don't get to have many of those if you kill off all the mosquitos." 

I don't know how true that is, nor have I spent any thought on the value of that trade, but there it is.

• Like 7