• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I’ve been finishing up miscellaneous projects off my bench lately.  Here is the first of the late Roman (or Romano-British successor kingdoms) infantry:

The actual castings are a bit rough; everyone is made from Prince August or Dutkins Lil Army molds, and most of the figures are assembled from multiple pieces.  I’d be interested sometime to know who thought that it would be a good idea to cast small 25s with separate heads and weapons...

• By Tordelback
      Last few days of the second Triumph of Death kickstarter.  The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, new character minis, skeleton cavalry and foot units for a 28mm metal Renaissance-style skeleton army, inspired by the art of Peter Breugel, Holbein and Durer, with more than a nod to Minifigs' classic Valley of the Four Winds. 

If you don't want wargaming units, there's a pledge level for one each of the core 13 models: they are the very definition of characterful. You can also get all the minis from the first kickstarter as add-ons.

Among many gaming achievements, Thomas Foss is also responsible for the recent Medieval Killer Rabbits kickstarter, which went down well around these parts.

Not affiliated in any way, but I backed the first KS, and all the minis were great, communication was excellent and delivery was prompt.  Well worth a look!

• By Rob Dean
      I spent lunches last week on these two stands of Saxons for the Osprey Game Dux Bellorum, in which each stand is a unit on its own.  All of the figures are home cast, mostly Prince August with a few spearmen from Dutkins Collectables. For the Saxon army, I'm doing it all with home cast figures, partly as an excuse for having the molds, partly as an artistic challenge. Practically speaking, there's probably more individualization and detail work than is actually necessary for a mass tabletop unit, but I like to err on the extra side...

• By Rob Dean
      Without going into the whole background, these guys are from Prince August “Irish Wild Geese” 40mm semi-flat home casting molds.  I’ve been working with these molds and figures for almost thirty years at this point, and have enough for most purposes, so it’s been a while since I painted any.  Pictures of games with them can be found on my blog.  We generally paint them somewhere in the classic toy soldier spectrum rather than as museum-style diorama miniatures, and these, like the rest of my collection, are done in fictitious uniforms for imaginary countries. (Or “imagi-nations” in historical miniature wargamer jargon...)

While they may presently get their own cannon, here they are grouped around one of my generic spares, to show that the field hockey player is really aiming by using a lever to move the trail.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 376 Guests (See full list)